cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld account been hacked

hayleymayg123
Joining in

Hi, posting in the off chance that somebody far knowledgeable than I am can offer words of wisdom.

During the past 4/5 days, we have been receiving emails (including the usual one regarding hacking your pc, we've watched you enjoy adult sites, we have your email and password etc), and also texts, where 'hacker' has been trying to reset passwords etc from various sites & apps.

Stupidly, our old Ntlworld account which is somewhat inactive had the corresponding password to whatever info they have gained. We haven't been customers of VM for coming over 10 years, but the Ntlworld email account wasn't deleted after 90 days. I have always continued to use this account as my primary email account.

Quite recently too so we know that it was still useable up to yesterday.

I tried to change the password on VM site yesterday, but was unable to, due to not being a customer anymore.

I keep receiving login passwords for various websites that the hacker has been gaining access too.

he has emailed me from my self and told me my own password!

This morning there's been further attempts to change passwords etc on various sites but I'm now unable to access the Ntlworld account to see exactly what they're doing.

I've been in contact with VM customer services this morning who recommended changing the password??? How?! I'm not a customer anymore and can't log in. The lady on the phone also couldn't change the password. I want the old email account deleting ASAP and currently have a ticket. 

I'm wondering if a 'hacker' could change an old Ntlworld email account password even if VM are unable to?! 

If anybody is able to shed light on the matter, please?

I cannot go to virgin mail and login as they don’t recognise user name.

I am

being blackmailed for money or threats to send content from social media and private emails to contacts 

please help me 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hayleymayg123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you believe your email address/account has now been compromised. It's correct that if it's not linked to an active broadband service then it's typically deleted within 90 days, though sometimes it can be missed on the system and not picked up until a much later date.

So that I can assist you further in your request, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hayleymayg123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you believe your email address/account has now been compromised. It's correct that if it's not linked to an active broadband service then it's typically deleted within 90 days, though sometimes it can be missed on the system and not picked up until a much later date.

So that I can assist you further in your request, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hayleymayg123
Joining in

My ntlworld email was hacked.

I’ve been using this email for over 20 years even when virgin took over.

I haven’t had a virgin account for years so can’t physically log in to change password or deleted email account.

Despite having spoke to someone on here already today I’m being asked questions about last bill amount and sort code when I haven’t been with virgin for years. Impossible things to ask.

I gave my old address which they asked for where I originally had the account. I gave them my sort code for my bank at the time and still no one is helping me so basically I’m stuck. I find it absolutely disgusting that virgin media, takeover, NTL world, and then when you close your account with Virgin they literally don’t allow you after so many days to access and log into your email account online with your password. this is now left me in a vulnerable position where I’ve been hacked and compromised on certain websites and accounts and yet Virgin are doing nothing to resolve this. I am going further with this. I’m contacting Citizens advice because Virgin are not protecting me how I wanna find out what I can do going forward. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hayleymayg123   I suggest that you get back to @Zach_R via private message to follow this up.  Zach will need to clear security with you which I why he is asking the questions that he has.  Once this is sorted he will be able to arrange for the email address to be fully deleted for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I appreciate your help but the questions he’s asking I can’t answer.

I haven’t had a virgin media account for years. I don’t know what the last bill amount was, I don’t know what my account number is it’s impossible. He’s asked me loads of questions already and I can’t answer most most of them. Given in my name and address where I had virgin media, but that’s all I can give him. Have you been sent home screenshots of what the hacker sent me ….