cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld Email

Robbo007
Joining in

I was told there was an issue accessing some old ntlworld and blueyonder emails which started earlier today due to a system change that engineers were working on when I called at 11.00 gmt. Does anyone know when this is due to be corrected?... or what action is required? I can’t access email on my Mac and iphone. 

12 REPLIES 12

MissPasko
Super solver

I can access my ntlworld emails by webmail right now.  I'm not at home, so not sure about Thunderbird on my laptop, don't use any mail clients on phone.  There was no problem last night, turned off laptop at 9.30pm, though.

Are you a VM broadband customer, can you access via webmail?  https://mail2.virginmedia.com

What error message do you get - can you post a screen shot, redacting any personal details?

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Robbo007

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forums and welcome to the community. 

Can you confirm what was advised during the call regarding the email issue? Were you given a fault reference at all? Are you currently experiencing issues with any other of the services via your iPhone such as texts, calls or data?

Rob

Hi, I was advised that there was a general system issue affecting some ntlworld and blueyonder addresses and that I can only currently access via virgin media website. I was also told this was advanced notified to me in an email at midnight (ish) the morning of 5 March. However, I never received such an email. I did request it be resent but the person I spoke to couldn’t do it. 

I don’t have any other issues with my Mac or iphone. I can receive and send email with 2 of my ntlworld accounts but not the 3rd, which is my main one. Please advise as I still have this issue.

Rob

Hi, I can access via virgin website (as am VM customer), but not my Mac or iphone. I have 3 email address accounts. 2 work fine but the third now gets online status error ‘there may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account ‘xxxxxxxxxx’ or try again. The server returned the error user name “xxxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com” unrecognised.’

very frustrating!

I assume it’s a central virgin issue as it happened to both Mac and iphone separately at the same time.

Hi Robbo007

Just a quick question 

Do all these emails end in the same

Ntlworld, Blueyonder or Virginmedia 

Gareth_L

The ntlworld ones do, not sure about the others.

Thanks for replying Robbo007

What does the one that doesn't work end in?

Gareth_L

Thanks. All 3 end in ntlworld.com. 2 work, but the primary doesn’t any longer. I was advised by virgin that not all addresses affected by the system issue.

I have re-read this thread, and it seems that you can access all three emails on the webmail system, but only two addresses via your email client.  I can't see any indication that you have checked your settings on your email clients.  Please confirm you are using the recommended settings here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/

And that all the email addresses are linked to your billing account - they show up when you sign in to the billing account at myvirginmedia either on the my profile tab (scroll down to my services) or on the manage accounts tab.  Once yo have checked, this will help the Forum staff to know whether your account is blocked for any reason and they can get your personal details by private message and see if IT can fix it.

my services.pngnew account.png