cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld Email not working

PortiaH
Joining in

My Ntlworld email is not working again.  This is the 4th or 5th time this has occurred since the middle of September.  Previously I have been able to get it unlocked by calling the Virgin Media team.  This has involved a password change.  However this time they cannot unlock it for some reason and I have to wait for the technical team to get in touch with me.  It stopped working on Wednesday 8th December at lunchtime and it is still not working.  I have tried changing the password several times and waiting an hour but it still does not work.  Previously when this has happened I have had a email (when it starts working) from the internet security team suggesting that one of the devices may have malware.  We regularly run full scans on both our PC and laptop and I even have a virus checker on my Samsung mobile phone.  Can anybody help me solve this?

My husband also has an Ntlworld account and he is unaffected by this.  He uses the same PC and laptop but he has an Iphone.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

wizzard93
Tuning in

I am having the same issue with my new world account.  Mine went off at the same time as yours while other accounts are working fine

Like you I have followed everything and been told to wait for the techs to get in touch with me.

It seems to be wide-spread so they should be actually sorting it not keeping us waiting 

Thanks for replying. Nobody has contacted me either even though I was told they would be in touch within 24 hours. I hope it gets sorted soon.

Hi PortiaH,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your email address. 

I have been able to locate your account on our side and it looks as though you spoke with an agent yesterday regarding this. 

Were they able to explain how things will proceed to get this resolved?

^Martin

I have finally got this sorted out but it has left me with very little confidence in Virgin Email services.   My email went down on Wednesday 8th December.  I spoke with the helpdesk team on Wednesday afternoon and they tried to sort it but ended up having to refer it to the technical team.  I kept trying changing my password, leaving it for an hour but it didn't work.  I then phoned again over the weekend of 25th/26th and had a long conversation with the helpdesk.  I was told that it could take up to 5 working days before the technical team would get back to me which to be honest is totally unacceptable when we are so dependent on our email these days.  I tried changing my password on Monday 27th and left it for half an hour and to my surprise it started working.  I still have not had any contact from the technical team or any explanation of why my email stopped working.  Its not the first time this has happened but in the past I have always been able to get it sorted via the helpdesk team by changing the password.  I have also been told on more than one occasion that Ntlworld email addresses are going to be discontinued and that I should have been advised of this by Virgin Media.  When I have queried it with other Virgin Media helpdesk team members they have said it isn't true.  Anyway the upshot is that I feel very vulnerable relying on my Virgin Media email.  I would be grateful if you could escalate my complaint.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

NTL email accounts are not going to be discontinued, provided they are linked to a current broadband account (which you can check by looking in My Virgin Media under My Profile.  If they are not linked to an account then they have been or will soon be closed.

If you are concerned about all the Virgin email problems you would do well to open a new email address in gmail, outlook or yahoo.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for coming back to us and we're pleased to hear this has been resolved for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner I can review the complaint for you and hopefully we can have this resolved for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for your private message @PortiaH, and I'm pleased that a member of our team was able to contact you and shed light on exactly what happened to the E-Mail account and brought the matter to a close for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn