cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntl old email address

Alice4
Joining in

Hi,

hoping you can help I had an old email address for NTL, which I haven’t used for about 15 years. This is linked to one of my accounts and I can’t access my old email to reset password for the account in question.

is there anyway this would still be up , currently when I type this in it’s says not recognised.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately it sounds like the email has been deleted 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alice4 wrote:

hoping you can help I had an old email address for NTL, which I haven’t used for about 15 years.

is there anyway this would still be up , currently when I type this in it’s says not recognised.

There could be a slight glimmer of hope that you might still be able to access the emails in your ntlworld account but it is a long shot.

Try sending a test email to that ntlworld address  and see if you get an error message back saying that the username no longer exists. If you do, then the mailbox for the email account no longer exists and there is no point going any further. You will never be able to access those emails.

However, if you don't get that error message it suggests that Virgin Media have not deleted the mailbox itself but merely removed access to it via the Webmail account. That seems to be a fairly common situation so you could be lucky.

In that case, if you know the password for that email account and you use an email app on your phone or an email client such as Outlook or Mail on a laptop then there could be a work around. You could set up an IMAP or POP3 account for your ntlworld email account in that email app or client which should then allow you to access the emails in your ntlworld mailbox without going via the Webmail account.

Most email apps and clients just need the email address, username (in VM's case it's the full email address) and password to complete the server settings automatically.  However, if you need the server settings for ntllworld addresses they are given here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change 

If you don't currently use an email app or client you could download Mozilla Thunderbird (a good free email client) from here https://www.thunderbird.net    which is super easy to set up and use.

I must stress that if you regain access to the ntlworld emails and your linked online account, your first task must be to change the email address that is linked to that online account. You cannot rely on your ntlworld account being accessible for much longer.

Hope that helps.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you,

so helpful, the email bounced back so looks like its gone i will have to email the account directly and see if there is any work around.

Kind regards