cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntl emails not coming through for 3 days

Cecuffe
Joining in

I have had ntlworld email address for years. Suddenly it is telling me it needs verification for account. When I put in my password it tells me either the email address or password are wrong. They aren't. I have Gmail too but I don't use it much. My main email address is ntlworld.

How can I sort this out? Is it my phone or the emails?

6 REPLIES 6

jem101
Superstar

@Cecuffe wrote:

I have had ntlworld email address for years. Suddenly it is telling me it needs verification for account. When I put in my password it tells me either the email address or password are wrong. They aren't. I have Gmail too but I don't use it much. My main email address is ntlworld.

How can I sort this out? Is it my phone or the emails?

The most important question here is the following ;

Are you a current VM broadband customer? Now if the answer here is no, then probably the email address, mailbox and all the mail in it has been deleted, or is in the process of being deleted. And that’s really fair enough, you aren’t a VM customer, not paying them anything, so…?

On the other hand, you are a paying customer, now the first thing is to see if you can’t reset/change the password which sometimes kicks it backs into life.

Cecuffe
Joining in

My ntlworld emails stopped coming through on 23rd Feb, Why? Gmail is coming through still. I have not done anything. Keeps telling me to verify my details on pop up screen. Won't accept my password so I am stuck.

Help

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cecuffe wrote:

Keeps telling me to verify my details on pop up screen. Won't accept my password so I am stuck.

So what error message do you get when you try to sign into that email account directly on the VM website?

Use this link   https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   and enter that ntlworld address and the current password.  If it comes up with "Your mailbox is not available" it may just need to the password resetting.

If it comes up with any other error there is a bigger problem, possibly your account has been deleted as mentioned by @jem101 in the earlier post.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cecuffe,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have been unable to access your Emails even after trying to log in, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues, are you able to log into your Online Account and access them there?

Regards

Paul. 

Cecuffe
Joining in

I ended up having to go onto my laptop which gave me the option of changing my password and change it. Every time I was putting my email address and the correct password in it was telling me either my email address or the password was incorrect. I have been a customer with virgin since they were bell media apart from a couple of years with sky. I have kept the same email address. No idea why it went wierd. So thank you I have sorted it by changing the password. It just wouldn't let me do anything on my phone.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey cecuffe, thanks for this reply and your update. 

We're glad to see you've managed to restore the issue by resetting your password for the email account, this would be our first suggested fix too in regard to this problem.
Please, do let us know how you get on and we'll be here to assist with any issues you may have.

Just drop us a new message here and we're eager to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs