cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntl email unavailable again for two days

nairnatmo
Joining in

Please help. My ntl email not working for second day now.

3 REPLIES 3

muffmasterh
Superfast

not just you !

virgin just told me 24-48 hrs to fix

My ntl email was not working on Wednesday. I then reset the password and it was operational. Now on Friday morning it doesn't work again.

Over a week earlier I had received an email (below) from VM of a possible malware infection.

I performed a full scan using malwarebytes which found nothing. My email has been protected by ESET for a number of years. 

If the locked mailbox continues then I'll have to change the password again. What is the "suspicious activity" which leads to the mailbox closure? Any examples?

EMAIL FROM VM

A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware

Dear xxxx,

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

1. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
  2. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure.

After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes.

Please ensure that the above points have been completed to prevent your mailbox from being locked again.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @nairnatmo

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've faced with your E-Mail account.

Can you please advise me if you're able to access the account via our web mail services?

Have you attempted to change the memorable word for the E-Mail account, as well as clearing the cache on the browser you're using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn