cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntl email not recognised

ad29
Joining in

Out of the blue my ntlworld email is not recognised on my mac, keeps asking for a password and also when logging in on line says email not recognised

I have recently bought something and now I cant access my emails to complete the purchase 

I have had to use an alternative email to sign up for this community.

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ad29 wrote:

Out of the blue my ntlworld email is not recognised on my mac, keeps asking for a password and also when logging in on line says email not recognised

The first thing to try is to see if you can reset the password for that email account. Enter you ntlworld address as the username here: https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  and then follow the prompts.

If when you enter your email address it comes up with" Unable to find your username" it would suggest that your email address has been closed by Virgin Media. Let's hope you don't see that. 😉

Do you still have a live VM Broadband contract and was that the account that was used to create your ntlworld email address?

If you cannot reset the password, one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support the forum) will pick up on this thread in the next day or so and contact you via the forum. Provided you are still a VM broadband customer (which is why I asked the question earlier) they will be able to take a look at this for you.

In the meantime, please post back here to advise how the password reset goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ad29, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the community. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to see that you are having an issue accessing your email. We can certainly take a look at this for you. I will need to confirm some details with you to help further so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi

I am no longer a virgin media broadband customer so i think its been shut down as I understand 

I have had this email for 20 years and have many accounts with this as my log in email! 

It would be great if they notified you before closing it down!

Thanks for the advice though

Andy 

Hi Andy, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

I have sent you over some steps via PM that you'll need to follow. This should hopefully restore your access. 

Please pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ad29 wrote:

I am no longer a virgin media broadband customer so i think its been shut down as I understand 

Just out of interest, have you tried resetting the password via the link I gave in my first post? If not, it might be worth trying. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi ad29, 

Thanks for your patience on this. 

I just wanted to pop you an update to advise that the IT Team have come back today to advise that as you are no longer an existing broadband customer, there is nothing they can do to get things working again. 

I understand this is disappointing news but there isn't anything further we can do I'm afraid. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team