cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving mail on iPad Account error on ntl

stew7019
Joining in

Internet went down. Came on but no emails can be sent/received on iPad. Advises account error on NTL. but still receiving/sending emails on iPhones. Changed password as someone advised but made no difference. Any help please.

8 REPLIES 8

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stew7019 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It's strange that the internet going down (apologies for this) then resulted in emails not being able to be sent - generally this shouldn't have an impact on your NTLworld email account.

Can you please advise what happens when you try to log into your emails via Webmail on your Virgin Media account please? What error message are you receiving here?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi, first time we encountered problem on emails “ Account Error “ showed up.

The emails both mine & wifes can’t be sent or received on iPad only. No problems with iphones.

Latest msg ! Error. Your e-mail account (wife’s email address) was disabled due to invalid credentials.

Please  edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable again.

Hope this helps. 

Thank you for confirming @stew7019!

Can I ask if you have tried clearing your cookies and cache at all on the iPad? 

Thanks again.

Hi Ashleigh, thanks contacting. No haven’t tried to clear them. Could you advise on how to. Please

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @stew7019.

Here is what I have found:

Open the settings app and tap 'Safari' > Scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data. > Tap ''Clear history and Website data'' to clear your Safari cache, history and cookies. 

Your device will ask if you really want to clear the Safari data, confirm your choice.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley, 

I went into IMAP & SMTP passwords and changed to VM password and all is working well( touch wood). Receiving and Sending emails.

Regards

Stew

That's great to hear and thank you Stew, I'll let Hayley know this advise worked! 

If you have any further issues at all then please do not hesitate to reach back out via the forums!

Thank you.

That's great to hear and thank you Stew, I'll let Hayley know this advise worked! 

If you have any further issues at all then please do not hesitate to reach back out via the forums!

Thank you.