cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails

JuliaS55
Joining in

My partner's blueyonder account can send but not receive emails.  It's been like this since last Friday.  It's the same on webmail so a problem with the server - as I was told this evening, when I spent almost 2 hours on the phone to Virgin Media for support but was eventually cut off as I waited to talk to people in the broadband team - very frustrating!!  

Please could someone from Virgin reply.  

I have re-set the password as I saw in another post that this sometimes resolves the issue but it didn't. 

Any advice welcome.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the account in VM webmail and go to settings> email>filter rules to check that there aren't any rogue filters on the account.  Also check for any autoforward settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the account in VM webmail and go to settings> email>filter rules to check that there aren't any rogue filters on the account.  Also check for any autoforward settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thank you, Graham! I'm so grateful. I followed your suggestions and indeed there was an auto forward setting to a gmail address. I got rid of it and emails are now being received. It's such a relief to have it working again, especially after 2 wasted hours earlier.
You're a star and definitely a Very Insightful Person!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good news, but for a belt and braces approach follow all the guidance given here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

As well as changing the password I would recommend changing the security answers as well.  You should also consider changing the passwords for any linked accounts that may have been compromised by the miscreants who set the autoforward.

Thanks a lot - I'll do all this tomorrow.
Better safe than sorry!

DaveP1950
Joining in

I have the same issue with my blueyonder email since Friday. I have carried out all of the checks as suggested, but to no avail.  I have raised a call with Virgin and am still awaiting a response.

Hi DaveP1950, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service, have you now received a response from the call? Have you received any messages from the team which would advise what is causing the issue? Chris 

I am also not receiving email since around the 19/02/21 I haven't contacted support yet. I was being bombarded with email from spam sites about Norton BTC and Mcafee etc then everything stopped I tried sending an email to myself but i get nothing.

Hi nuttydave, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email service and want to get things resolved for you. Can you confirm if you are still having this issue? Can you update the password and run a virus scan please to see if anything changes? ^CW