cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails (ntlworld)

SJH82
Tuning in

Hi,

I've had problems today with receiving emails through my ntlworld email address. I think I am able to send emails although I'm not totally sure because I sent one to my partner but he hasn't received it although it seemed to send. I also got him to send one earlier to me but I haven't received it. I reset my password and I have access to emails up to yesterday.

Does anyone know if there's an issue with ntlworld email addresses or know of any solutions?

Many thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SJH82 wrote:

I've had problems today with receiving emails through my ntlworld email address. I think I am able to send emails although I'm not totally sure

Before offering any advice, there are two questions that would help to clarify exactly what you are seeing:

1) Exactly what do you mean by "problems receiving emails"? 

1. You are simply not receiving any emails?
  2. You are getting some emails but not certain specific emails that you know have been sent?
  3. Or perhaps you are receiving emails but they all delayed by hours or days?
  4. Or something-else?

2) Are you managing your emails using the Virgin Media webmail service on their website or by using an email app or email client such as  Microsoft Outlook?

I am also a bit uncertain about your comment "I reset my password and I have access to emails up to yesterday." Does that mean that you  had previously been locked out of your email account?

As to whether there are problems with ntlworld.com addresses, all I can say is that mine is working fine. 🙁

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Sorry, wasn't great at explaining the issues. 

1) So I'm not receiving any emails from anywhere/anyone

2) I'm using an app on my phone called MyMail but I did also sign in using the webmail service on the website in case it was a problem with the app but it had the same issue that I didn't receive any emails.

3) I've not been locked out of my account at all but I couldn't remember my password to go on the webmail service so that's why I reset it.

I have managed to change a setting to forward emails that go to my ntlworld account to another email address I have and seem to be receiving emails that way but still not receiving them in my main account which is odd.

Thanks for your help. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SJH82 wrote:

I have managed to change a setting to forward emails that go to my ntlworld account to another email address I have and seem to be receiving emails that way but still not receiving them in my main account which is odd.

Thanks for coming back and clarifying things.

One explanation for the forwarded emails  not appearing in your VM webmail account could be that you have not ticked the box "Keep a copy of the message"  just underneath the address you are forwarding to. - see below

auto forward.png

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SJH82,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues receiving emails. 

I can see @coenoby has provided a possible explanation for this. 

Can you check this and let us know how you get on?

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I've checked this and I'm still having the same issue unfortunately.

I now have it set up to forward emails from my original ntl email to another email address and I'm receiving them that way but they still don't appear in my webmail or on my email app. I have it set up to save a copy of the message.

It's ok for now but it's not ideal because pretty much all my accounts for various things use that original email address. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SJH82 wrote:

I now have it set up to forward emails from my original ntl email to another email address and I'm receiving them that way but they still don't appear in my webmail or on my email app

If the forwarded emails are appearing in your alternative account it means:

1) Your VM email account must be receiving them and something is moving them from the Inbox. (BTW, have you looked in the other folders in webmail to see if the missing emails are there?)

2) The auto forward you set up in your webmail account is working

I would check in your webmail account that there no other filter rules set up. If there are,they could be moving the emails to another folder in webmail or even deleting them.

filter rules steps.png

If there are any rules set up I would suggest disabling all of them for the time being and see if new VM emails appear in your account.

Looking at your email app,if the emails are not in your VM inbox then the app will not be picking them up. However, do you have the app set up to pick up emails from your alternative account as well as your VM account? If you do I cannot see why the app is ignoring the emails that have been forwarded from your VM account.

Coenoby