cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from o2

edwright
Tuning in

I've been expecting some emails from o2 to my ntlworld email address and they've not been coming through.  O2 insist that the emails have been sent to the correct address and that all is OK from their end.

I've check my own email account and I have no rules or settings to block any emails at all.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere I can make contact with Virgin to check this issue out...hence posting here!

Has anyone else had similar issues and if so did/how did they get resolved?

41 REPLIES 41

thanks Ed i hate to say it but it seems like this will be my only solution to the problem, I can see I used to receive my emails from o2 also when i search but all that stopped a while back, so I guess this problem has been going on for while. I did make a second post concerning this issue as I noticed they said they had answered your question, and then in the next thread you said it wasn't a answer to the problem and I was in same boat as you where the so called answer wasn't a working solution. really makes me wonder now how many people are not receiving emails that could be important to them from o2. I guess will call them now 3rd time lucky. I hope they get this fixed instead of blaming the end user with spam filter settings etc when it is blatantly the providers problem. engineers please get this FIXED for us. thanks for the advice anyway Ed appreciated.

@Laurie_C

This problem happens for me both on mobile and web browser - if you read back through the thread you can see that there is a server name resolution problem at o2’s end that Virgin (probably quite rightly) reject. As for errors at the o2 end, I imagine it’s quite difficult for a mobile customer to get to speak to someone at o2 who is able to answer that question.

I think it is going to have to be something that Virgin approach o2 about directly to get fixed.

I think I marked it as a useful answer initially - I thought it might help others.

Hi Lauriem,

yes I've used outlook in windows and the web portal at virginmedia and not received the emails through either. checked my spam settings and this was set to receive spam in inbox marked as spam. o2 never mentioned on the phone about the error i was sat on phone a good 10/15 mins on the first call waiting for the two emails which never arrived, the password reset email and also the documents/contract for my phone.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @edwright,

Thanks for confirming that information for me, I'll look to raise this with the appropriate team now. @Ruggz, could you please confirm if this issue also affects you across multiple platforms/devices?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

sorry ed yes it could help someone who has the spam settings wrong but in our situation ...

yes @Laurie_C it does , outlook and using virgin media email web portal. thanks for your help

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this @Ruggz, I'll raise this with the appropriate team now, and update this thread as soon as I have any more information. Thanks for your patience with this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Sure thing @Laurie_C , in the meantime I will take Eds advice and have to contact o2 again as I think it will be faster to get my email changed to another so I can get my details asap. hope this gets sorted sooner than later as anyone with a worse condition than I who rely on their mobile this could really be a problem for them. just happened I had the double whammy of forgetting my o2 password and needed that resetting to access my account also. thanks for the swift response to this issue, look forward to hearing back from you.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Laurie_C 

I'm going to make a suggestion and explain my reasoning.

At this point you don't need to ask if the problem occurs with multiple devices.  All you need to ascertain is that the missing mails ARE NOT in webmail.  If they're not there, then they won't be appearing anywhere else.

Based on what I saw with the headers there's a strong possibility that mails from the o2 are being rejected at the EHLO stage as the server doesn't identify itself correctly to VM's mail server.  If I'm correct the spam settings in webmail won't matter here as the inbound mail doesn't even get as far as hitting the spam filters.

The question is, does VM really want to be inadvertently blocking emails from such a major provider?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks