cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from a website

gforte
Tuning in

Hi,

I am an administrator for a website for a choir. Myself and many members  who have either @virgnmedia, @blueyonder or @ntlworld addresses are not receiving emails sent from this site they seem to be blocked not going to the spam or junk folder.

I have 2 ntlworld addresses myself and neither get the emails.

I have checked with our website hosting and the community hub forum and it's the same issue with other websites they host and many other singing groups have had the same issue with virgin email address. Other email addresses receive these messages fine.

I have changed my email address to Gmail on the system but our older members (80+) don't want to really do this but feel excluding as they don't receive the weekly updates sent!

Our host is harmonysite and the IP address in question is 23.235.222.247

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gforte 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issue with your email.

Could you please advise on the above post please? We'll be happy to look further into this for you if you can provide some further information on the matter 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the email sender or your email server administrator receive a non-delivery notification?
If not do you have the SMTP log entries showing the sent email  was successfully exchanged with Virgin Media's SMTP server?

FYI the SMTP log entries will allow Virgin Media to correlate events with their logs to try and determine what is causing non-delivery.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gforte 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issue with your email.

Could you please advise on the above post please? We'll be happy to look further into this for you if you can provide some further information on the matter 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

No sending errors received.

I am the mailing list administrator and I have not received and bounces notification either. 

I only receive the occasional Dmarc report from some servers. But almost all members receive the email. Is only a handful with virgin based email. It is not unique to my email list it's the same for other groups who have there website hosted by the same provider.

Thanks again.

Hi Gforte 👋 thank you for getting back to us about this!

Sorry to hear about the issues with your choir members with VM, NTLworld and Blueyonder email addresses not receiving updates from your sites mail list. I can appreciate it must be frustrating and would like to offer some support if possible! 

My initial thoughts are that this may be due to the number of recipients receiving the mail, and that it is coming from a host site rather than an email address directly. It could be that the emails are being filtered as SPAM, Spoofing or Phishing due to the number of recipients tagged in on the mailing list. This idea is supported by you occasionally receiving a Dmarc report from the servers. 

I have some follow up questions and troubleshooting requests to try and help with this, if you can please let us know about the following;

• Has this always been the case or has it only recently started happening? If so, let us know when the problem started!
  • Do you know if the emails are sent directly through the site, from a mailing list or via another site that manages the mailing list? 
  • It would also be really useful to know if the users who are unable to receive the mail cannot view it via our Webmail service 👉 https://virg.in/webmail rather than a Client mail service (Eg Outlook, Applemail etc). 
  • If you can also please get any of the users experiencing the issue to check their email settings 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help for blacklisted addresses, blocked emails, and filter rules that may be present or affecting the email arriving. 
  • You may also want to ensure that the email address that the mail list sends from is marked as a safe sender. You can do this by heading to Webmail 👉 https://virg.in/webmail then Settings > Email > Filter rules > Add new Rule > Add condition > Select 'sender/From' > enter the email address the mail comes from > Add action > Select 'keep' > then Save. 

Let us know how you get on! Thank you for bearing with us throughout this process. I can appreciate these kinds of issues can be a little complicated to pin down and resolve. 

All the best. 🌞

Molly