cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from Lego - no-reply address being blocked again?

dlenn
Tuning in

I am posting this here in the hopes that an Admin might see it and check to see if there is an issue.

I updated my email address on the Lego.com website to my ntlworld one. Since then I have not received any emails from them despite them saying they have checked.

A friend is forwarding his onto me. They are sent from a no-reply address so having had an experience earlier in the year with a zoom no-reply address email for resetting a password not reaching me I am wondering if it has the same issue.

The address they are sent from is: Noreply@e.crm.lego.com

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dlenn wrote:

They are sent from a no-reply address so having had an experience earlier in the year with a zoom no-reply address email for resetting a password not reaching me I am wondering if it has the same issue.

I remember that Zoom issue from earlier this year. The strange thing was that when I tested it out,  Zoom password reset emails were coming through to my Ntlworld email address with no problems. (Sadly, I don't have a Lego account so cannot check this one out.)

Did you ever get a resolution to that Zoom issue? I have just checked that thread and it seems to peter out with no mention of a solution.

My personal advice would be to learn from your two experiences (Zoom & Lego) and that of all the other people who have been posted here with similar issues regarding emails from other organisations not being received in their VM email accounts.

I don't think it's specifically with "noreply@" addresses but VM email does seem to frequently have issues with automated emails such as regular newsletters, transaction confirmation emails and password reset emails. I suspect that VM sets a high bar when it comes to checking the validity of incoming email and that often results in these automated emails getting blocked.

To avoid that annoyance in future you should consider switching to using a  non VM email address - at least in conjunction with your other online accounts.  The other benefit of switching to a non VM email services is that most offer 2 factor authentication / verification which provides another level of security to your email account.

You could stick with your Ntlworld address for personal emails if you want to but for anything important use your non VM address.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@coenby

I seem to remember you tested the Zoom password reset and it worked for you. However, it never worked for me. The zoom issue was resolved by Zoom Support resetting my password and sending it to me from a different address so I could then login and reset it to something else. (I thought I had updated to say what happened but apparently not. I have just updated that post.)

I have not changed my password or being locked out since so I do not know if the password reset emails are still blocked for me. Strangely enough I don't want to try again unless I have to. lol.

Virginmedia would not talk to me about the issue as my account is a secondary. They needed my husband to contact them about my issue which was a non-starter. Hence the petering out.

Getting another email account is a thought. However, 1 is difficult enough to keep up with at the moment and does not solve the issue itself - just moves away from it. ☹️ It can't be just me this is happening to.