cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting or delayed emails from supermarket

AnnaT
Tuning in

Until recently I got confirmation of order emails etc from Sainsburys within minutes but over the last two weeks they have either not come at all or today I received one dated 19th February. I've checked my email address is correct on my account and they can't be blocked as I did get an email today. I also use Ocado and their emails have come through straightaway.                                                    Any help much appreciated as am waiting for several emails to confirm changes.       

30 REPLIES 30

Any update on this issue please? Can't believe that the experts in the email team can't sort this problem which has been going on for weeks now. Thanks. 

I am also having this issue. I saw it mentioned several times on another website where 'down times' are featured and I assumed it was a Sainsbury's issue.

I still receive promotions and receipts on day of delivery in the normal way; but confirmation of orders and amendments of orders are delayed, sometimes arriving after the delivery. I have reported the issue to Sainsbury's without a reply. If it is a VM issue, please get it sorted.

Hi @AnnaT

I have contacted my colleague today who raised this. 

He has chased this further today with the relevant team. 

I am sorry for the delay in response, we will update you as soon as we can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

peteh001
Joining in

Hi

Just to add to this thread I'm also experiencing the same issue over the last few months. I'm seeing emails take from 3 days to weeks to come through which is causing a massive problem especially with where I'm using my email as my 2 factor authentication. i.e. an emailed time limited access code being sent over and arrives once it's expired.

Below is an example of a delay on the emails using the same tool mentioned above.

peteh001_0-1650969015421.png

Any update on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

I began getting timely confirmations of orders and amendments from Sainsbury's again this morning. 😊 If this is through the action of the VM monitors here, thank you and long may normal service continue!

This seems to be a recurring issue -getting delays of 20 hours on some emails.

About time that VM sorted this.

F405DDD1-F20E-4070-AB8B-3A7BD0675EB3.jpeg

scurtis
On our wavelength

The Sainsbury's emails are arriving promptly for me now.

Thanks all,

Sue.

peteh001
Joining in

There is a degree of irony when an email notification from this forum is held up for over 5 hours.

EmailHeaderDelay2.jpg

AdamAnalogue
On our wavelength

Sainsbury's emails have started to come through again in a timely manner (i.e. a minute or so after the online transaction). Thank you to whoever sorted this out.

Hey @peteh001,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with email delays, please could you send me an example header for one of the emails that you are getting delays receiving and I can pass this onto the team. Please can you send this over to me via private message and be sure to add the full header.

Regards,

Steven_L