cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting or delayed emails from supermarket

AnnaT
Tuning in

Until recently I got confirmation of order emails etc from Sainsburys within minutes but over the last two weeks they have either not come at all or today I received one dated 19th February. I've checked my email address is correct on my account and they can't be blocked as I did get an email today. I also use Ocado and their emails have come through straightaway.                                                    Any help much appreciated as am waiting for several emails to confirm changes.       

30 REPLIES 30

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Martin_N 

The problem is the handoff between 

mx07-0059c002.pphosted.com and mx2.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net

The latter is the your inbound mail system.  We see a 17 hour delay.

While logic would like to say it's the seding server that's responsible for the delay - that's very much not the case.  The delay is cuased by mx2.tb.ukmail.iss.as1943.net either not responding to, or sending a temporary fail error.  In either case the sending server will keep trying until either:

1.  The mail is delivered
2.  |The retry queue timeout on the sending server is exceeded.

In the latter case the sender would get a fatal bounce message saying the mail could not be delivered.

You need to e raising this to the email team to find out why you're delaying the mail.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the information @ravenstar68, I will pass this onto the email team this morning and report back once I have heard further from the email team.

Regards,

Steven_L

Have you had any response from the email team yet Steven_L as there is still a long delay in my getting emails from Sainsburys?

Thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks @AnnaT, I have passed this email onto the team and will be in touch soon with a response.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L. Any response yet from the email team? Still a long delay getting my emails from Sainsburys. 

.@Steven_L - I have been having the same problem with Sainsbury's emails. I spoke to their technical team at the weekend and they confirmed it is a VM problem, not a Sainsbury's one. When will it be resolved? Why does this thread have a green tick if thew problem has not been solved?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Steven_L isn't in the office at the moment AnnaT - but I have dropped him a message for him to give you an update when he is back. Apologies for the delay. 

AdamAnalogue - I apologise that you're having this issue also, I assure you any information which is found or provided to us, we will let everyone know. Just to clear up the green tick you have mentioned - any post can be marked as a helpful answer/(green tick), this isn't usually done by ourselves but other users on the platform/thread. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Ryan_N - is there any update please? The problem persists...

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've marked this to be escalated to the modteam.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Adam,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry for the delay in getting information in regards to your Email issue, Steven hasn't heard anything yet, he will chase this up again today, once he finds anything out he will come back to you, apologies again for any inconvenience this is causing.

Regards

Paul.