cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non SPAM in SPAM folder

EG1
Up to speed

Hi, I’m sure it’s been asked before but I wondered if there were any up to date answers.

I’m still getting several genuine emails diverted to my SPAM folder. I have followed the guidance re making sure the sender is added to my address book. But that doesn’t seem to make any great difference. They still go to SPAM. Is there anything more I can do to avoid them being diverted. 

A recent diverted to SPAM email came from Apple. It wasn’t an unusual email nor an odd looking address. I’d have thought huge senders like this would t be recognised as SPAM, but maybe it’s not that simple.

Also, can you ask whoever looks after the VirginMedia pages to stop moving around the links to get to email. It seems to shift regularly. Also it now seems to take you through more than one page when you try to sign on there. It’s not earth shattering but it is annoying and unhelpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EG1 wrote:

I’m still getting several genuine emails diverted to my SPAM folder. I have followed the guidance re making sure the sender is added to my address book. But that doesn’t seem to make any great difference. They still go to SPAM. Is there anything more I can do to avoid them being diverted. 

If this is a persistent issue then the resolution path would be to flag these to the forum team to have the false positives corrected.

Also, can you ask whoever looks after the VirginMedia pages to stop moving around the links to get to email. It seems to shift regularly. Also it now seems to take you through more than one page when you try to sign on there. It’s not earth shattering but it is annoying and unhelpful.

I recall this issue being mentioned recently on the forum and the forum team relaying it onwards; in the meantime workaround is to bookmark webmail https://mail2.virginmedia.com

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EG1 wrote:

If this is a persistent issue then the resolution path would be to flag these to the forum team to have the false positives corrected.

I recall this issue being mentioned recently on the forum and the forum team relaying it onwards; in the meantime workaround is to bookmark webmail https://mail2.virginmedia.com

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. I’ll bookmark that link. I have saved others before but then it seems to move and change. Fingers crossed.

for the SPAM

Do you mean on here or some other way and what details do you reckon they need?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum team will request such information via private message (vm-private-message.jpeg, located top right on this page).

Issue has been flagged to them however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Ok, thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @EG1,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're facing problems with some genuine emails being moved to Spam. So we can get this flagged to our Web Security Team, I'm going to drop you a private message.

Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ