cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reply to email

Igor
Joining in

For some reason I when I reply to a Hotmail account email the recipient is not receiving my reply.

I have also had a similar problem with a Yahoo address.

(I am using Outlook on a PC)

12 REPLIES 12

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Igor,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account. Are you able to check this via webmail and see if it works from that side of things?

Are you getting any error messages or any bounce back for the emails?

Is it just those two domains that you're having issues with?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes I can send it via Webmail but not by Outlook

I get no bounce back or error messages.

I have contacted the recipient and my email does not go into their spam folder.

They can reply which I then read in Outlook but I cant reply unless using Webmail which is very awkward as it is a business contact  and I need to send them PDF documents from my PC

I'm not sure if there are any other domain names that have problems.

Thanks for the reply on the forums @Igor. 🙂

May I ask if you have been able to get in touch with Microsoft themselves regarding this?
If it works on the web mail it should be working fine on the app as well.
Let us know what they say.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens if you send them an email directly to their email address rather than as a reply?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Exactly the same. They do not receive the email, new or replied to

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Igor 

When you send an email from Outlook to a Yahoo or Hotmail address does it go into Outlook's Sent folder or does it just move to the Outlook Outbox and stay there?

If the affected emails appear in Outlook's Sent folder do they also appear in the Sent folder in your VM Webmail account? (That's assuming you are using IMAP rather than POP3 email settings in Outlook.)

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

If i use either Webmail or Outlook there is a copy of the new or replied to email in the Outlook Sent folder and also the Webmail Sent folder

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have they checked their junk /spam folder?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes. I stood next to them at one time and sent an email from Outlook on my phone and it didn't go to spam