cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No password for ‘blueyonder.co.uk’

Mrb3uts
Joining in

Emails have stopped coming through, have changed my password but cannot access. Have had the issue for 48 hours now. Also says ‘please go to mail account settings and enter a password’

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mrb3uts wrote:

‘please go to mail account settings and enter a password’

That error message suggests that you are using an email app (perhaps on your phone) to  manage your VM email. Sadly whenever email apps encounter a problem accessing the email server they often default to reporting an issue with the password.

Sign into your VM email account directly on the VM website from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and post back with the error message (if any) that the VM systems is reporting.

That information will provide a clearer idea of what the real underlying issue is and enable forum members to give you better advice as to the next step to take.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response, when I try to log in directly on the website it says ‘your mailbox is not available at the moment’? Any other ideas?

Firstly do you have a current broadband connection with VM? If not it is likely the box has gone as they should be deleted within 90 days of service termination. If that is not the case a change of password via the website (your account) should fix the issue.

Yes I have a current VM broadband connection. The password has been changed but still no access. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mrb3uts wrote:

The password has been changed but still no access. 

Did you manage to reset it yourself or did you contact VM and they reset it for you?

I have escalated this to the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) and one of them will contact you via this thread. However, it would save a bit of time if you could post back and confirm whether or not VM support have already been involved.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mrb3uts

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch.

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your email account. I would like to take a look at the settings from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few extra details. I will send this over now and the message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mrb3uts,

Thank you for your time on private message. 

I am very happy this has now been resolved but do please let us know if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat