cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ntl

paulinebee
Joining in

I have a vm account but my ntlworld email has suddenly gone and I can’t get in. Doesn’t recognise my password 

21 REPLIES 21

Anankha
Problem sorter

Thank you but it didn’t work. The ntlworld account is not a separate account but it’s the one I’ve always used as my main contact. The message I got when I tried to open it on my devices simply said ‘no password for ntl’. Should the imap be .virginmedia or .ntlworld?

Hi. Does anyone have any other idea how I can retrieve my ntlworld email? I’m getting nothing from VM despite holding for 4 hours! The error message just keeps saying ‘ no password for ntl. go to mail settings and enter password’ which I have done each time 

When you say " I have a VM account" = do you have a broadband service from Virgin? ; If not, your email account may have been deleted!!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

If you do have a broadband account with VM, this thread 'might' help !?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Pop3-Authentication-Errors/td-p/4747603

Thank you. I do and I’ll try this later. 

No matter whether the account is VM, NTL, Blueyonder etc they should all be using the virginmedia.com servers, along with Secure Socket Layer.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Hi paulinebee, 

Thanks for your post and for coming back to update your thread. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your email. Even some current customers have had their emails locked so it's worth following the advice in the thread you were linked to by Anankha. Make sure you are changing your password to something that's never been used before. 

If that doesn't work and you are still having an issue, pop back to me here to let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. I have tried all of that. Changed my password completeky as well. Was given a new one while on the phone to VM last night, it still doesn’t work. Apparently a ticket was raised but Iv had no reply. In the VM site the email options just keeps telling my the credentials are not recognised but they are correct. But those same credentials let me into myVM in the first place?

I have taken some screen shots. So if I can forward them to someone?