cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new email addresses

Habanero
On our wavelength

I just attempted to add a new email address and found the following...

"Please note, Virgin Media no longer offers the ability for customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses. Customers with an existing Virgin Media email address will not be affected; their mail account will remain as is."

When did this happen and why? Do new customers now only get the one main address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the secondary email account were to be locked 8n future this should not stop you accessing the My VM account for the secondary account.  The password change process does not involve an email verification stage.

Alternatively the 'forgotten password' route could be used.

As for advance warning this was only provided via the email account help page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Habanero
On our wavelength

Also, the ability to change an account password seems to have been removed???

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Habanero The change was made in May 2022.  Existing email accounts will continue but no new email accounts can be created either by existing customers or new customers.

Existing customers can still change the account password and other details via the My Virgin Media account page for each email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Habanero
On our wavelength

I don't recall seeing any advance warning of this change.

Some time ago one of our secondary accounts was hacked and the password was changed. If this happened today I don't see how I could reset the password, as the secondary account would neither be able to login or receive a reset email.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the secondary email account were to be locked 8n future this should not stop you accessing the My VM account for the secondary account.  The password change process does not involve an email verification stage.

Alternatively the 'forgotten password' route could be used.

As for advance warning this was only provided via the email account help page.