cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No emails on laptop

pinkywoo
Dialled in

I can access my emails ok on my tablet but this morning, I could only see emails from before June on my laptop and this afternoon, I couldn't see any except my sent ones. Windows did an update yesterday. I get a 400 Error or Failed to Load Messages. Just checked before I pressed 'post' and I now can't get my sent messages. Could this have caused the problem? Does anyone have any suggestions how to get my emails back, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pinkywoo wrote:

Now I'm getting a Connection error - The service is not available right now. I can still get on other pages including the Virginmedia home page. 

That problem is usually caused by a corrupt cookie or a problem with the cache in the browser you are using.

Start by trying to sign in to VM Webmail directly from here https://mail.virginmedia.com   using incognito mode or a private / inprivate browsing window if your browser supports that. The reason is that incognito or private windows open without using the cookies stored on your machine. Alternatively you could try on a different browser.

If one of those work arounds allows you to access your account then you can go back and delete the Virgin Media cookies and the cache in your original browser and that should solve your problem without the need to use private windows or a different browser.

As far as the missing emails are concerned, once you have regained access to your webmail account, are the  emails still missing from your VM Webmail account? 

If they are still missing and they are not in your "Trash" folder then sadly there is no way to get them back.☹️

Do you access emails on your tablet via an app rather than the VM Webmail service?  One common reason for emails to disappear is that they inadvertently get deleted in an email app which then deletes them from the webmail account. 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

pinkywoo
Dialled in

Now I'm getting a Connection error - The service is not available right now. I can still get on other pages including the Virginmedia home page. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pinkywoo wrote:

That problem is usually caused by a corrupt cookie or a problem with the cache in the browser you are using.

Start by trying to sign in to VM Webmail directly from here https://mail.virginmedia.com   using incognito mode or a private / inprivate browsing window if your browser supports that. The reason is that incognito or private windows open without using the cookies stored on your machine. Alternatively you could try on a different browser.

If one of those work arounds allows you to access your account then you can go back and delete the Virgin Media cookies and the cache in your original browser and that should solve your problem without the need to use private windows or a different browser.

As far as the missing emails are concerned, once you have regained access to your webmail account, are the  emails still missing from your VM Webmail account? 

If they are still missing and they are not in your "Trash" folder then sadly there is no way to get them back.☹️

Do you access emails on your tablet via an app rather than the VM Webmail service?  One common reason for emails to disappear is that they inadvertently get deleted in an email app which then deletes them from the webmail account. 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thank you so much Coenoby. I managed to see my emails in private browsing. Took me a while to find the cookies but deleted them and signed in and all my emails are still there. Merry Christmas.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pinkywoo wrote:

Thank you so much Coenoby. I managed to see my emails in private browsing. Took me a while to find the cookies but deleted them and signed in and all my emails are still there. Merry Christmas.

And a Merry Christmas to you. 🎅

Glad to hear that everything is now back to normal. Thanks for coming back with that.

Coenoby

Hi pinkywoo, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue accessing your mail. 

I'm really glad the advice from our VIP Coenoby was able to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to come back to us here through the Community. 

Take care and enjoy the festive period that's almost upon us 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Kath. Hope you and the team have a good Christmas.