cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No emails for 34 days

Boo999
Joining in

Dismal service by Virgin.  The locked one of my email accounts 16th October due to "suspicious activity" (they couldnt be any more specific) and it took them 5 days to get working again.   Then again on 27th October I noticed no emails (though no message from them saying they had stopped again) and I've still not got them.  34 days later!!

Have spent over 20hrs on phone to virgin or on online chat on multiple occasions. Have spoken to numerous people, each one promising to take "personal responsibility to get this sorted" but they dont and each time a new person has to read ticket and tell us the same **bleep** about them passing it to their technical team .

They say they need to reset password, then they say the email is not on system so they need to put it back in.    I'm with "2nd line team" as first team cant help.   they promise to phone back but dont.  They keep passing to technical team with same outcome of it not being resolved.   They say there is no higher team to pass it to.

They locked account so why is it so difficult for them to get it working again?    

Its totally ridiculous.  the account was not hacked.  Its not fraud.  THEY locked it for whatever reason, so why cant they press buttons their end to get it sorted.

I have lost all respect for them, their customer service is shocking.

Any ideas what else I can say to get them to sort it?

6 REPLIES 6

Boo999
Joining in

I havent had my NTL email for 34 days now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!         Had that email for 20 years no problem so same situation of them locking it as you have.  Still trying to get resolved.   Did you get your sorted yet?  

@Boo999 right then, first things first - are you a current VM broadband customer? If you are then if you go to my.virginmedia.com and login with your main VM broadband account details, do you see the email address in question listed as either the main address or a secondary address (check this under the Profile / Accounts settings)?

Yes I am a VM broadband customer.

No the missing email is not listed.  Tech support know this and need to add it back in.  How can that still not be done after 34 days, is it that hard to do?     Is it even doable?

Another hour on phone to them last night where they put the phone down on us twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       They said that tech team had come back to ask which email it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    it was put on the ticket 34 days ago, do they not read it?   Its 8 days since the last agent escalated the ticket (again) and 34 days since email stopped.  i was told last night that 8-10 days is standard for them to come back, so today is day 9 and I have no confidence whatsoever they will come back o me today or tomorrow.

Article in Guardian newspaper, VM about similar issue.   Virgin tech not up to it.  

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Boo999

Welcome to our Community Help Forum.

Thank you for making your first post regarding your issue accessing your emails, I am so sorry for the frustration this must be causing. I would like to take a look further into this for you and see why the missing email is still not listed. I shall send you a private message to obtain the relevant details now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get bcak to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

Thank you Serena, I will respond to private message.

36 days now without email
Spoken with Virgin on 15 different occasions

Reporting VM to Ombudsman is my next step is this is not resolved imminently

Boo999
Joining in

Well now up to day 40.     No phone call from Virgin to our last conversation (14 days ago) when they assured me it was 8-10 days to get resolved.