cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email

john113
Dialled in

For no reason today I have no Virgin Email connection, Gmail working fine, all I get on Virgin mail is blue screen and 'connection error' message

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@john113 wrote:

For no reason today I have no Virgin Email connection, Gmail working fine, all I get on Virgin mail is blue screen and 'connection error' message

This can usually be fixed by clearing the browser cache and deleting cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail.  Alternatively use a different browser or an in private/incognito window to bypass the cookies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Can you still log into your Virgin broadband account?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@john113 wrote:

This can usually be fixed by clearing the browser cache and deleting cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail.  Alternatively use a different browser or an in private/incognito window to bypass the cookies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Cleaned cache etc, then found the suggestion of updating my password, that solved the problem, emails back on, cheers

Correction to previous message, is still faulty, initially could read incoming mail but realised my contacts list had gone, the rest, spam etc showed http error 400, briefly now the blue screen has returned, so still wanting assistance please

Signed in to my email on the 'Incognito' site [Chromebook], it operates perfectly so can only assume something is amiss with the settings, still puzzled

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@john113 wrote:

Signed in to my email on the 'Incognito' site [Chromebook], it operates perfectly so can only assume something is amiss with the settings, still puzzled

If it works ok in Incognito mode then that definitely points to a corrupt cookie.  As advised earlier delete all cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail.

Clearing the cookies appears to have cured it, at present mail is performing as it should, I have turned on 'clear cookies and site data when you close all windows' dont know the consequences but looking at the list of accumulated cookies from sites visited a long time ago most are just clutter, thanks for assistance

Thanks for the update @john113, do please come back to us if you need any further information.

Big shout out to @Graham_A for this golden nugget of knowledge

"If it works ok in Incognito mode then that definitely points to a corrupt cookie.  As advised earlier delete all cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail".

Everyday's a school day!

Kindest regards,

David_Bn