cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email again.

brigantia
On our wavelength

Could someone help please.  for the fourth time this week i am unable to access my emails.  I log on and the page displays "oops this page has timed out"  or i cannot get in at all .  thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brigantia wrote:

I log on and the page displays "oops this page has timed out"  or i cannot get in at all .

A couple of things you could try:

1) There might be a problem with the VM service in your area so check here https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/address-identification/identify to see if Virgin Media are having issues. (Any email issues will come under the "Broadband" option).

If that does not report any issues call 0800 5610061 which is VM's local status line, that is usually more up to date than the online service. It's best to call from your VM landline but if you call from a mobile you'll need to supply your VM landline number when prompted.

2) If there are no problems being reported you could try accessing the VM website using a Private or Incognito window in your browser. Chrome calls it "incognito mode", Firefox "private window". Edge calls it "InPrivate" and other browsers have slightly different names but the function is generally the same. When you use it, you will be logging in without using any cookies stored in the browser. Depending on which browser you are using you can open a private or incognito window by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+N keys or the Ctrl+Shift+P keys at the same time.

If you can sign in using Private or Incognito modes then you should delete the VM cookies in your browser.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brigantia wrote:

I log on and the page displays "oops this page has timed out"  or i cannot get in at all .

A couple of things you could try:

1) There might be a problem with the VM service in your area so check here https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/address-identification/identify to see if Virgin Media are having issues. (Any email issues will come under the "Broadband" option).

If that does not report any issues call 0800 5610061 which is VM's local status line, that is usually more up to date than the online service. It's best to call from your VM landline but if you call from a mobile you'll need to supply your VM landline number when prompted.

2) If there are no problems being reported you could try accessing the VM website using a Private or Incognito window in your browser. Chrome calls it "incognito mode", Firefox "private window". Edge calls it "InPrivate" and other browsers have slightly different names but the function is generally the same. When you use it, you will be logging in without using any cookies stored in the browser. Depending on which browser you are using you can open a private or incognito window by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+N keys or the Ctrl+Shift+P keys at the same time.

If you can sign in using Private or Incognito modes then you should delete the VM cookies in your browser.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

brigantia
On our wavelength

Thanks for the help, much appreciated

Hi @brigantia, thanks a lot for your post here in the community.

It seems @coenoby has beaten us to it, but I would assume from your response that their response has helped you get this sorted 🙂
Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W