cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to my virgin.net email!!!!!

bert1066
Joining in

My virgin.net email of 20 years has suddenly stopped access, no idea why.

Emails sent to the address do not flag as unsendable.

I've never had a Virginmedia account so customer service are useless.

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Where did the virgin.net email address originally come from? Did you ever have a dial-up internet service?

The bad news however is that use of any of the Virgin Media email provision is dependent on you having your broadband (at least) with them, once you leave (the case of the virgin.net addresses is a little more complex but the same applies) then the mailbox should be deleted after a couple of months. Sometimes this doesn't happen and the mailbox staggers on in a sort of zombie state but eventually VM's clean-up processes catch up with these 'orphaned mailboxes' and they get deleted.

It's highly likely that yours has, or in in the process of, been deleted - a member of the forum team may offer to contact you to see what could be done but I really wouldn't hold out much hope.

Yes, never had a virgin account.

Had it from when they first started.

It's still receiving emails though so need to know its not hacked and if I cant access then need it closed properly so anyone contacting me gets the message,

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bert1066, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your email address. 

I would be happy to look in to this further but I will need to take a few more details via private message. 

I will pop this over to you now and you will find this via the purple envelope on the top right of the screen 🙂 

Speak soon, 

Nat