cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to my virgin.net email account

MikehS
Tuning in

Hi,

I've had no access to my virgin.net email account since Wednesday 25 August. Can't login to webmail either.

Any assistance appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email account concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account then you will probably be able to regain access to the email addresses by changing the passwords.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your email address after at least 30 minutes then post back and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

Also have a look at this post, it may be relevant:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email account concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account then you will probably be able to regain access to the email addresses by changing the passwords.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your email address after at least 30 minutes then post back and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

Also have a look at this post, it may be relevant:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @MikehS 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your email services. 

Are you able to let me know if you have managed to follow the advise from Graham_A? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak_M,

I acquired a virgin.net email account about 20 years ago when Virgin made them available for free, without having to be a customer of theirs - I'm not a customer of Virgin Media now either.

While I understand that the company's outlook has changed and it probably sees little value in maintaining non-customer accounts, I was still receiving emails from them up to a couple of months ago in relation to the maintenance of my account (a message to reduce the size of my inbox, which I acted on). So it was reasonable to think that my virgin.net account was in safe hands.

I have no problem with moving to a different email account and Virgin Media deleting my old virgin.net one, however it couldn't be more inconvenient for that to happen with no immediate warning. I can't say whether I received an email from VM two years ago warning that my account would be deleted but all I needed was 2 days' notice to ensure that I saved my entire inbox and forewarned my contacts.

It's all about customer service. All I need is brief access to my virgin.net account. I look forward to a helpful response.

Thanks.

Michael

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MikehS,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your ongoing email issue. I can understand how frustrating that can be. Thanks for letting us know that you're not a customer with us, we appreciate you filling us in on the details. I will be more than happy to look into this for you a little further, and do my best to try to help you access your account again.

In order to do this, I will need you to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon! 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MikehS

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message and for providing me with your details. 

I'm glad to hear that you now have access to your Virgin.net email! That's great news!

I understand that your email has granted you access randomly, before we were able to look into this further for you. In order to avoid this problem from occurring again, I would advise you to set up a back up mailbox.

We have experienced some mailbox issues recently, which have been rectified this morning. This could have been related to this. I'm happy that you have access to your mailbox again.

Please give us a shout if you need anything else. We're more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Pauline_Z.

Michael

@MikehS for what it’s worth, I can absolutely guarantee that the mailbox and email address will vaporise again at some point in the near future.

Take this a second (temporary) chance, setup an alternative email address and copy any and all emails from the old one to the new. 

Thanks, I agree. I set up a new account the day after the virgin.net one disappeared and have now transferred everything out of it. I'll leave it running to catch any contacts I may have missed.

Michael

Good Morning, I have also had access blocked after over 20 years. Reading above I understand why, is it possible to arrange temporary access to my old email address so I can arrange a few things.

Thanks