cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to email inbox

cortijoelonya
Joining in

Since 18th November 2021 my wife and I have been unable to access our email inbox. We have spoken many many times to customer services who cannot resolve the issue and make false promises. We have made formal complaints, they are ignored. The latest complaint made last night as we were told our access would be reinstated yesterday. Every time we contact customer service we are told to change the password. All that does is change the password to log in to virgin media and it says sorry you cannot access your inbox. 
No access to our emails since 18/11/2021 and we’ve been with Virgin for years. We have ntlworld.com email addresses. We try to explain that changing the password every time does not solve the problem. They tell us someone will contact us in 48hrs it doesn’t happen. We ring back, they change the password, it doesn’t work, they tell us someone will be in contact from a technical department within 7 days. It doesn’t happen. 
Can anyone help please

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Corey, I would appreciate you investigating our situation. I understand what you are saying regarding the complaint. However, the complaint is as a result of appalling customer service and poor attitude of certain members of the team.

Thanks

Andy

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

CarolC1
Tuning in

Me too since 2nd December! Let’s hope there are some helpful answers, I’ve only just joined and will post the same later.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, cortijoelonya,

Sorry to hear that you have experienced not being able to access your emails. Depending on the issue, a password reset can help with bringing your mailbox back online, mainly login or SMTP authentication issues. However this does not fix every issue. Did the team advise what is the nature of the problem?

• Are the mailboxes linked to your current media account
  • Are the mailboxes locked or what error message are you specifically getting?

I am sorry that you have had to raise a complaint, however just to clarify, raising a complaint doesn't not accelerate IT issues being remedied any faster. If issues have to be referred to IT then we do ask and appreciate you patience with allowing IT to take the time to resolve whatever underlying technical issues may be at the root of the problem. If you would like me to take a look at the status of your complaint or IT ticket then let us know and we can send you a private message to get those details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey, I would appreciate you investigating our situation. I understand what you are saying regarding the complaint. However, the complaint is as a result of appalling customer service and poor attitude of certain members of the team.

Thanks

Andy

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cortijoelonya

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way about our customer service. That is not the high standard we aim to provide.

I am going to escalate your mailbox locked issue now, I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena