Menu
MEA1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No Longer Virgin Customer - email still live but I want it deleted

I left Virgin about nine months ago (though the house still has some virgin services through a business) and I was informed my virginmedia.com email address would be deleted after 90 days.

I have it set up as a linked email account on my new email and I can see emails still coming in daily (mainly spam).  Is there a way top permanently delete?

Tried logging on to myvirginmedia.com but as I'm no longer a customer that failed!!

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Longer Virgin Customer - email still live but I want it deleted

@MEA1971 wrote:

Is there a way top permanently delete?

Tried logging on to myvirginmedia.com but as I'm no longer a customer that failed!!

Although you are no longer a customer, the Forum Team (Virgin Media employees) should be able to sort this out for you by arranging for your orphaned email account to be deleted.

They will post here and send you a message via the Forum's Private Message facility. However, be aware that it may take them a few days to pick up this post.

VM certainly has the right to delete any associated email accounts 90 days after the Broadband account has been closed. However, it seems that these orphaned email accounts can linger on, sometimes for years before VM get around to deleting them.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Longer Virgin Customer - email still live but I want it deleted

Hi MEA1971,

Thank you for your post. I will private message you to get some details to help with this. 

^Martin