cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Emails Received

jabbinho
Tuning in

I have not received any emails on my @blueyonder.co.uk account since 31st August.

I have recently had to change my password because the account was hacked and dodgy emails were being sent to people.

I have accessed my email account via the VM website and when I hit refresh nothing happens.  I have sent test emails to this address but none come through.  However, I can send emails via the VM website email interface.

I am a current TV, Phone, Broadband and mobile customer, although all that may be changing soon if these issues don't get resolved.

I have tried contacting you elsewhere but with no luck.  I really don't want to have to call you as I simply don't have the time to be hanging on the telephone for ages.

Can someone advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When signed into the email account via the VM webmail page click on settings then email and check for any unexpected filter rules or auto forward rules.

If there are any disable them.

Then follow all the remaining advice given here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When signed into the email account via the VM webmail page click on settings then email and check for any unexpected filter rules or auto forward rules.

If there are any disable them.

Then follow all the remaining advice given here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Yes, that seems to have been the problem, emails were autoforwarded.  Thanks very much for your help Graham, VM should really be paying you!

Do you know if there is anyway I can get the emails back that have been autoforwarded

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good that you found the rogue filter.

The only way that you could get the missing emails is to ask the senders to resend them.  Obviously that is impossible if you don't know what has gone astray but might help with booking details.