Menu
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New emails suddenly disappeared from inbox

Opened up my email yesterday (NTL World) using Safari web browser, clicked on one of the new emails and every new email plus most of the older ones in the inbox suddenly disappeared leaving just two messages.
Checked out the trash and then looked in every folder with no sign of them anywhere. This also happened about a year ago but I didn't lose as many then.
Anyone else had this happen?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New emails suddenly disappeared from inbox

Hi C_J_W,

Sorry about this strange incident. Do you have any email clients for mail access (such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc)? Do any other devices access webmail?
If the missing mail cannot be located in Trash would you please check Spam (if you've not already done so).

If that doesn't enable you to retrieve them please let me know and I'll dig a little further for you.

Thankyou,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

I don't normally bother with email clients although I did have MyMail and Apple Mail set up on my phone which I checked and they had gone from there too.
I checked all the folders including some I had created to store emails I wanted to keep together. If they can be retrieved it would be good as I don't know if any were important or interesting, though I doubt it, so not the end of the world. Just be good if the reason could be found and something done to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi C_J_W,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

It is strange that all but 2 emails vanished. It did occur to me that you may have had a filter rule set up as that could have explained what happened. 

Perhaps you could check that for me in webmail?

Also you might want to change the password as a precaution.

And lastly check your webmail forwarding settings. Just in case the emails are being forwarded to another address.

If none of the above helps I could escalate for investigation by our email engineers. I cannot make any promises on the outcome but would could give it a try if you'd like that.

Let me know Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

I've checked and I have no filter rules set up or webmail forwarding so guess it remains a mystery. Not sure it's worth escalating now but I suppose there's nothing to lose by giving it a try. Certainly if it happens again I'll make a call straight away - maybe you could put a note on my account somewhere so there's some history. I've changed my password just in case.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi C_J_W,

As you're an Apple Mail user I'd like to direct you this post, which may be helpful.

I have noted your account, as per your request. Hopefully this won't happen again but do get back in touch if it does.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's great Jen. Thanks for your time and help.

0 Kudos