cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New email software - how to search

sacko123
On our wavelength

I'm probably being a bit thick here but I cannot for the life of me see how I can search for emails. The old version had a search bar in which I could type subject or sender etc. but I cannot find it on the new version. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometimes webmail does open up in the default OX App suite layout.  This is usually down to a corrupt cookie or browser cache.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sacko123  If you are referring to the VM webmail page then that interface hasn't changed for a number of years.  The search bar is still there in the desktop version in the left corner just above the inbox.  In the mobile version the search bar can be accessed by clicking on the nine dot cube on the right of the screen then click on seach.

Search in VM webmail is limited to the folder that you have highlighted at the time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

sacko123
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply.

Sometimes when I click on my link to the VM email app, I get a totally different screen to the usual one (still logged in to my VM account). This may be happening when the VM app has ended abnormally. I thought that this was a new VM version and usually got back to the 'old' version by rebooting my laptop.

I hadn't taken too much notice previously, but now I think about it, I think it had 'OX' near the top. Could it be something to do with the OX App Suite?

Anyway, it's probably more of a problem with my my laptop configuration than a VM issue.

I'll take more notice the next time it happens and until then I'll go and have a lie down!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometimes webmail does open up in the default OX App suite layout.  This is usually down to a corrupt cookie or browser cache.