Menu
Kate3847563910
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Need to close email account from closed VM account

I closed my virgin services account a long time ago but the email address is still active and appears to have been compromised. As I can’t log in/ change the password can someone contact me about closing this down please. 

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to close email account from closed VM account

Hello Kate,

As you are no longer a VM customer, yes the email should have been automatically deactivated, but sometimes the back end process is delayed or fails (I guess).  This will need to be looked into and completed by a Forum Team member (VM employee).  They will contact you via this thread, so please keep an eye open.  It can take around 7 days for them to reach this post as they do things first-come, first-serve.  Be patient and don't post again as that may push you further down the queue.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
SDC
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Kate3847563910 wrote:

... can someone contact me about closing this down please. 

The Forum Team should be able to arrange closure for you, they can ensure that the deletion process is completed properly and quickly. Keep an eye on this thread, one of them should contact you here.

No doubt the Forum Team's workload will be huge due to the Christmas & New Year holidays, so it may take a few days for them to get around to your issue.

Edit: crossed posts again! Good morning, MissP 🙂

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
SDC
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just one thing though... although I'm flattered that you have marked my response as "Helpful", the weird-and-wonderful system here uses that to mark the whole thread as "Solved" which means that the Forum Team are more likely to overlook it. The thread will get better exposure if its "Solved" status is removed. You can do that - go to the post options in the "Helpful" post and select "Unmark as helpful answer". Feel free to re-mark it as "Helpful" later when the issue is actually resolved to your satisfaction. For saying "thanks" it's better to use the "Kudos" option - that doesn't invoke "Solved" status.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kate3847563910,

I should be able to arrange deletion of that email address for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so I can gather the necessary information from you 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kate3847563910,

Email address closed down - confirmed via Mailtester (see my Pm).

Regards 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos