cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with virgin.net email account

DotC1
Tuning in

Hi, I've been sent over here by the Virgin Media Twitter team. I'm hoping you can help. I know this topic comes up a fair bit and others have had mixed success/failure in solving the issue.

I've had a virgin.net account since around 1999 when I was a dial-up customer. Similar to others posting here, I have recently lost access to this account but need to either gain temporary access the account or get official evidence that the account is no longer active.

Unfortunately I am not a current VirginMedia customer because they don't offer a broadband service in my area (but oh how I wish they did, and how I look forward to moving into a VirginMedia area next year).

Hoping you can help. Many thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What happens when you send an email to that address? Does it bounce back as not known, or just disappear? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi, thanks for your reply. When I send an email to the account it just disappears, no bounce back at all. This is why the company I'm trying to update my details with believe the email account is still active and require evidence from VirginMedia that it is not an active account.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, that seems likely. If you wait until a staff member picks this up, they may be able to help. But it's not guaranteed. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you. Got my fingers crossed!

Hi DotC1, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email address. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into. Please look out for the purple envelope. ^Chris. 

Thank you, I’ll watch out for your message.

Hi, I haven’t received a message yet. Not sure if I’m looking in the right place? There’s a notification ‘bell’ and an envelope beside it, I’m assuming that’s the envelope I’m looking for?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DotC1 wrote:

There’s a notification ‘bell’ and an envelope beside it, I’m assuming that’s the envelope I’m looking for?

Indeed it is.👍

If you have a message from the Forum Team. there should be a "1" in the right hand corner - like this private message.png

You should be able to view that message by clicking on the envelope.

However, at least one person has recently posted that they cannot access a private message so the forum software may have glitch at the moment.

Post back to confirm that you cannot see the "1" or access the message so the Forum Team can check out what's going on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Coenoby, thank you! Glad I’m looking in the right place, but sadly there is no ‘1’ and the only messages in there are from when I joined and my forum badge was updated.