cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLworld email not available

Degg63
Joining in

I have exactly same issue as Darren530 below. I have valid virginmedia account that has an ntlworld email associated with it. It stopped working a few days ago, cannot get it working on my iPad or pc. Logged call with virgin media, they say 5-7 working days before someone will call back which in this day an age is ridiculous - email in constant use !

Error I get is ‘no password provided for ntlworld’

why has this happened?

what was the resolution here can you help please?

12 REPLIES 12

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Degg63,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that your NTL email is not working.

I would love to try and help you with this, I will send you a private message so I can investigate this.

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right or your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Haley

i did respond to your message, so do you have any updates on my issue please?

@Degg63 wrote:

Haley

i did respond to your message, so do you have any updates on my issue please?

It would seem not, wouldn't it?

In the meantime, as you are a current VM broadband customer and the email address in question is associated with that account, then have you tried simply resetting the password for it in accordance with the instructions in the following thread?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

John

Hi John

i can access my email on my iPad it’s just that it not received any emails and won’t let me send either on an iPad, and on the computer it does not show any of the folders set up ie can’t access

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you Degg63, there appears to have been a mix up with the Private Messages whilst Haley has been out of the office. 

In regards to the issue itself, we have been advised that if the steps outlined in the link offered by jem101 should resolve the issue but if it hasn't our team have been manually unlocking accounts still locked but a password reset would still be required.

Rob

Hi Rob

I tried that and still not worked - can you enable my account?its still disabled 

Degg63_0-1635515263131.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having changed the password via your My Virgin Media account for the Ntlworld address concerned have you then updated the account in the webmail page with the new password?

You do this by clicking on edit to the right of the email address as shown in the screen shot that you have posted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

i have tried but no account displays

Degg63_0-1635516578884.png

when edit and reset password it seems to only accept old password and i then get this

Degg63_1-1635516755368.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, the screenshot of the My Virgin Media account indicates that the Ntlworld email address concerned is not actually connected to your primary account.

@Robert_P  Can someone take another look at this for @Degg63 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks