cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLworld email locked

bikingboy
Joining in

I have a secondary email account set up that is an old ntlworld email. I had a message from virgin media saying that it was locked today and I cannot unlock it. I have reset my virginmedia login but this has not had any impact. Can I get this unlocked asap please as I need to access the emails in that account. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to change the password for the specific secondary account not your main Virgin Media account.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

bikingboy
Joining in

Just add, when I log into my Virgin Media account and select Virgin Mail it tells me my email account is unavailable.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to change the password for the specific secondary account not your main Virgin Media account.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bikingboy,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your secondary email, so we can get this investigated further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Issue now resolved by calling the support team thanks.

Hi bikingboy,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, glad to hear you have been able to speak to us and that your Email has now been unlocked, did we advise what had caused this or how you can avoid this happening again?

Regards

Paul.

Hi - no explanation was given as to why it was locked so any info on why it happened would be great. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bikingboy 

Thanks for your response

Sometimes out Internet Security team may lock an email account if suspicious activity is detected, I'd suggest running a virus scan on all of your devices and resetting passwords to ensure all is safe. 

Have a great weekend

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs