cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLworld address mailbox failure Aug-2021

modem_mode
Joining in

What the heck has happened to my Ntlworld Virgin media mailbox access?

For 3 days now I have been getting the 'mailbox unavailable try in an hour or contact support' message. I have done all this and reported it twice in 24 hour apart. Apparently a trouble ticket has been raised but no resolution yet and no explanation. This service is beginning to suck.

I may be forced to go elsewhere.

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@modem_mode 

It may sound like a tired cliche but:

Changing the password solves this in most cases.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your account after waiting 15 minutes post back and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @modem_mode.

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues currently when trying to access your mail box. We can understand your concern and want to do our best to help. Is the issue still ongoing today? Have you tried the great advise given by @Graham_A

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Password resets etc. Did not fix this problem.

It was cured after about 4 days and is still ok. I presume Virgin IT support responded to the trouble ticket and fixed it but I have had no info or update.

Thank you for the update @modem_mode.

I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved and that your mail box is operating again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs