cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLworld account likely deleted, is there any hope of a password reset so I can forward emails?

HarryPolden
Tuning in

Hi guys,

As many others have probably posted about, old ntlworld accounts are being deleted left right and centre. I have resigned myself to the fact that I have likely lost my main email.

However, I was wondering if there was ANY possibility I could get a password reset on the old account, so I could potentially use that to log into Gmailify or another forwarding service on another email?

Thanks for the help in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

@HarryPolden wrote:

Hi guys,

As many others have probably posted about, old ntlworld accounts are being deleted left right and centre. I have resigned myself to the fact that I have likely lost my main email.

However, I was wondering if there was ANY possibility I could get a password reset on the old account, so I could potentially use that to log into Gmailify or another forwarding service on another email?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Unfortunately it won’t help you, if your old ntlworld email address has actually been deleted then there is nothing to reset the password on, but even if it were still alive in a zombie like state, email forwarding relies on the mailbox being there and accepting mail and once accepted, then forwarding it onto a different address. Once the mailbox itself is deleted then it’s game over, there is no way of somehow, intercepting email en-route and redirecting it to another address - I mean, just think of the security and privacy implications if that were easily possible!

True, that makes a lot of sense.

Prior to losing access to the email account I was still able to receive emails through different apps, so I wasn't sure if there was any possibility it was still active in that sense. 

Hey HarryPolden, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issue with your emails.

Unfortunately as mentioned once this has been deleted its pretty much wiped off and its gone forever.

I am sorry if this will cause any issues. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?