cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWorld passwords

Panache_man
Joining in

So, having bought my wife a new iPad (8th Gen) to replace her tired old 2nd Gen model, I am having no luck setting up her ntlworld email account on the new one. The account works fine on her old iPad. When I go through the setup and enter the account password, the verification process then reports a problem stating "No password provided for NTLWorld". Well the password is clearly entered in the field, and I know it is absolutely correct, so what is going on here? Any ideas please?

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Panache_man

Welcome to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your wife's email on the new iPad. Just to clarify, where are you setting the email up on? Also have you experienced this issue on other devices?

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Aqua & thanks for responding. 

I’m happy to say that the issue is now sorted but more by chance than me being clever. I manage 4 email accounts, for myself, my wife and my 2 sons, each account obviously having their own password. In my frustration, I decided that it was about time that I updated my main VirginMedia account password. After doing this, the setup screen on my wife’s iPad presented me with a blank password field into which I entered HER account password and hey-presto, it was accepted and all emails duly popped up. This is strange. Why did changing my top-level password have an effect on a sub-account? The down-side to all this is that my updated password is not recognised on the main account login page, I’ll probably need to change it again.

Thank you for letting me know @Panache_man.

Glad to hear your wife's i pad log in issue was resolved. In regards to your main log in, does this issue occur across different devices and browsers? Have you also tried logging into your my VM app to see if it occurs there too?

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs