cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWorld emails

Mrgreybeard1
Tuning in

Suddenly neither my wife nor I can send emails from our phones. We can still receive. What has happened/changed recently to cause this rather major issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for that information. Please check out this link for information regarding the email issue: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Know-Issue-Emails-Disruption-F010434911/td-p/5244530

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mrgreybeard1 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns with your email.

Can you send emails on your Virgin Webmail if you log in via your online account?

Please try this and let me know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi

Thanks for response

Update I can send emails from Webmail.

I cannot send emails from phone"connection to outgoing server failed"

I seem not to be receiving emails on either Webmail, Oulook or phone (unless emails take a long time to arrive)

Rebooted wifi. No change. Haven't rebooted Modem (Should I)

Original issue of not sending emails always seemed to sort itself when outside and away from wifi

Confused and frustrated.

further update 4emails we’re sent to my NTLWorld address this afternoon. Only the 3rd has shown up in my inbox. Something not right 

Thank you for that information. Please check out this link for information regarding the email issue: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Know-Issue-Emails-Disruption-F010434911/td-p/5244530

^Martin

Thanks for link

You're very welcome!

Many thanks

Tom_W

My NTLWORLD sent emails and an inbox sub folder all disappeared today 24-6-23. Tried web mail, outlook Gmail and thunderbird and all the same. So annoying as I've had this account since god was a boy.

Hi Overthebluemoon,

We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our teams are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Beth