cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWorld email?

daley110
On our wavelength

Hi I've seen lots banding around about this but since Sunday my NTLWorld account has locked - asking for a password. I have read a few threads and tried a few things but without success - Basically this happened about two years ago with a virgin.com email being wiped out and removed. I don't want this happening again to link banks, clubs, insurances etc  etc is time consuming.

Please any further guidance (other than logging on to my virgin media and changing the password, this does not work)  would help.

12 REPLIES 12

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@daley110 wrote:

Please any further guidance (other than logging on to my virgin media and changing the password, this does not work)  would help.

Is the email address actually listed there?  What happens when you change its password?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @daley110

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

What is the exact error message you get when trying to log in? Are you able to log in today?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

daley110
On our wavelength

hi 

it just says locked on the webpage - my iphone says incorrect password , and my pc has also stated the incorrect password

daley110
On our wavelength

it also states the following:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What happens when you sign in tp My Virgin Media?  Is your email address shown there? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

merseymick
Dialled in

Hi,

So sorry to see all the mails still coming in on this........I was in this hell-hole yesterday and took a full day on the forum and messing around with p/word changes myself (useless btw).

I got sorted late yesterday afternoon following another post on the forum that had advised persevering on the 150 tel. line and getting virgin to do the p/word change.  I was v. lucky and got through v. quickly and the virgin side p/word change worked.   Anyone desperate as I was could try this, if not already done, but my overall take is :

• Agree with all the posts that this is a service level issue with virgin - something has happened their end with the security filters or whatever (I am not a techie!   They changed something quite obviously.  Moreover, it has happened before and will happen again ...I am not at all complacent I have my problem "fixed" and just wonder whether it will last for 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months.
  • Virgin need to read these message boards and sort out this recurring issue - My Virgin broadband is not cheap and emails are a crucial component for so many of us. 
  • I also agree that the faux advice on this forum is disingenuous in that its not a fair representation of what is going on and costs trusting idiots like me, hours of messing around following the unhelpful advice.

Good luck to you poor sods still suffering this and I expect to rejoin your number soon enough

All the best guys.

Mike

merseymick
Dialled in

PS.  My problems were with a blueyonder email and I just notice that this thread is NTL.   I am not sure now but presume my comments still may help NTL customers as the issue sounds exactly the same.

no longer an option now,i did the same as you yesterday, the password reset lasted for about 6 hours

Now on the phone virgin say it's a more general issue that will take 48hrs to fix

great

That's bad news mate...thanks for sharing.

Scared again and getting my emails done while I can😀

I also got functional email wise yesterday even before the virgin side p/word change by again following another helpful forum post to try accessing my virgin email via  a different browser.  I down loaded Opera and it worked!   It worked on two PC's having the same virgin blueyonder issues.

Only took a couple of minutes to download the free browser and I could at least crack on.

VBW

Mike