cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWorld email not working on PC

nicky98
Joining in

Hi

I have been unable to access my emails on my PC for months and it is driving me mad.

I am getting a 'connection error' and the service is not available. Retry.  Rev65.

Please help 🙏😘

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nicky98 wrote:

I am getting a 'connection error' and the service is not available. Retry.  Rev65.

That's usually caused by a corrupt cookie stored in the browser you are using. You can check that by:

1. Accessing the VM website using a different browser or..
  2. Try using a private or incognito window in your existing browser. Depending on which browser you use you can open a private or incognito browser window by using the keyboard shortcut combination Ctrl-Shift-N or Ctrl-Shift-P

Both 1) and 2) will result in the browser downloading a fresh copy of the necessary cookies. So if the website works ok you know it's corrupt cookie stored in your existing browser. The final step will then be to delete the VM cookies from your existing browser and you can then go back to using the standard browser window.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nicky98, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with accessing your emails. 

I can see that coenoby has offered some great advice above. 

If the above doesn't work, can you let me know if you're accessing the mails on a client such as outlook or are you accessing the mailbox directly through webmail?

Pop back and let us know so we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am attempting to access my email account via the vm website. I can access the account on my phone, just not on the pc for some reason...???

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you try coenoby suggestion of using your browser Incognito or Private mode?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nicky98

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How are you getting on after trying the above tips?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I'm not sure i understood all he said...😱

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nicky98 wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure i understood all he said...😱

Okay, so when you get that 'connection error' you must be using a web browser to access the Virgin Media website.  (A web browser, or simply 'browser,' is an application used to access and view websites.)

Which type of browser are you using on your pc? It is likely you are using one of the following, but which one?

•  Microsoft Edge
  • Internet Explorer
  •  Chrome
  •  Firefox

If you don't know then you hover your mouse over the icon that you click on to open the browser it will display the name.

Just as an example, below it is displaying Microsoft Edge.

show browser type.png

If you let us know which one you are using, someone can advise you exactly how to use the private or incognito mode I mentioned in my first post. If you try signing on to your email account from a private or incognito window it will help diagnose where the problem lies.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks