cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWorld Mailbox - Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Old_Biker
Tuning in

Hello,

I have an issue with an NTLWorld mailbox.The account has been working fine for many years, then 3 days ago it stopped and presented an error.  

I have tested it via multiple PCs and phones on different carriers and they are all failing. 

When logging into the Virgin Webmail address the account logs in proving the credentials are correct, but it gives the error "Your mailbox is not available at the moment.".

There is another mailbox on the same account which is still working as expected.

Please let me know how to make this mailbox available again.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try following the instructions set our here for this situation: 

Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... (virginmedia.com)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try following the instructions set our here for this situation: 

Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... (virginmedia.com)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

WelshGasman
Superfast

Your account will likely have been locked or disabled more than likely.
They will send you an email about it, but as you have had the account locked/disabled, you obviously will not receive it?

Mine was disabled this morning. The other week it was locked for suspicious activity.

You will need to call Virgin and get hold of Email support to get it unlocked or enabled.

I suspect they will be pretty busy due to all these accounts being locked/disabled regularly, so you might wait a while, but you do need to speak to a human being.

Hello,

I have logged in as my primary account and reset the password of the secondary account which is having the issue.

I then logged into web mail with the secondary account and the new password.

I am still getting the following error message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Please tell me what I can do to unlock this account without having to spend all day on the phone.

Thanks.

Scratch that, it must have just taken some time to unlock the account after changing the password.

I have just tried again with the new password and I'm in.

Thanks for your quick reply and your help!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Great to hear Old_Biker 🙂

Zoie