cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWorld Email down

gazza101uk
On our wavelength

My Dad's @ntlworld.com is not working.  Outlook keeps asking for the password.  I tried to sign in and it says "Your mailbox is not available at the moment.".  The account is fully up to date.

I've done a password reset for him but it still has the same issue.  He's important emails to send so trying to get this sorted for him.

10 REPLIES 10

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Has he tried logging on to webmail? Does that work OK? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

gazza101uk
On our wavelength

No, it just displays the mailbox is unavailable message

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Log in to the MyVirginmedia broadband account. Is the email address listed in the menu? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Habanero
On our wavelength

The same thing is happening with my wife's email address. On Monday, evening trying to receive email would give an authentication error. Then it worked again on Tuesday morning, before again failing in the evening. My own email address (also an 'ntlworld' one) is unaffected. Attempting to access her email via the webmail method lands on a page "Your mailbox is not available at the moment". This is the current situation.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @gazza101uk, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that you have been having issues with getting into your emails. I have checked things on our end and can see that there doesn't seem to be anything obvious that would be causing this. 

So I can check this further, I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi there @Habanero, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are also having issues with your emails, we were aware of a known issue with mails which should now be resolved. Can you please try to reset your password via webmail to see if this helps? 

If this helps, please ensure that you update this on all devices your email is logged into.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Habanero
On our wavelength

The problem cleared itself roughly an hour after I posted. It was not necessary to change the password, and this was the same pattern that has occurred on previous days.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Habanero,

Thank your for coming back to us about this and keeping the thread updated on this issue. 

Glad to hear that this fault has been corrected now. Please keep us updated and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help going forward. We're here to help.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As the OP, I'd just want to confirm that it fixed itself.  There must have been an issue with the accounts on that domain on virgin as it seems a few people had the issue.