cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWORLD email problem - cannot send or receive from a daily used account

RikEd
Tuning in

From today at around 13:30 my wife has been unable to send or receive emails from her NTLWORLD email account which is in daily use.

The account is a secondary account. 

We know the password but it now does not work.

we know the answers to security questions for resetting the account - ie DOB and mother maiden name - these are not working.

We are expecting emails re holiday bookings and pension stuff 

Can someone at VM please get the account up and running again asap

TIA 

11 REPLIES 11

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RikEd,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Wife's email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration and anxiety for you both. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I'd first like to ask a few questions if you don't mind -

• Do you still have an active Virgin Media account?
  • What error message appears when you try to login?
  • Or can you login okay, but you cannot send/receive mail?
  • Can you also do virus scans on all devices that have had access to the email, and then change the email password to something completely new and never used before - That's a really important point.

I also have a fantastic link here which has oodles of helpful email information in regards to issues with email 👉 Virgin Media Email Issues.

Please let me know if this helps. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan

answers to your questions...

• Yes we still have an active Virgin account
  • message my wife gets when trying to reset password is "Oops, we've ran into a problem.
    Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)"
  • my wife cannot send or receive any emails
  • virus scans done but we cannot change password (see above)

just tried reseting password again... this time it is asking for security details...

we enter the correct security details (DOB and mothers maiden name) hit continue and nothing happens

Just noticed that I (not my wife) received an email yesterday indicating that one of our accounts may have a malware infection and has been locked.

I believe that this is a result, not of a malware attack, but of my wife sending out 4 sets of emails to a pension provider with identical size attachment. These emails reached their destination but shortly afterwards your security system must have detected this as a spam send out (ie identical recipient, similar subjects, identical attachment sizes.

Hi RikEd, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on this. 

If the account has been locked, resetting the password would automatically unlock the account again within an hour or 2. 

Can you confirm if you've been able to do this yet? If not let us know and we can pass security with you and reset things manually this end. 

Pop back when you can.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Visited

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

entered DOB and mothers maiden name but the page is not doing anything

the bottom of the page simply reads

"Having trouble? Please contact us and one of the team will help reset your password."

What happens when you try to do this via the log in page?

Rob

eregarding log in page

https://oauth.virginmedia.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&client_id=WEB-ZIGGO-WEBMAIL...

we get taken to authorisation page 

https://oauth.virginmedia.com/as/osKUQ/resume/as/authorization.ping

and on entering password we get

"your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email."

and get the option to reset password... but then as previously described we cannot reset even though we are giving the correct answers to DOB and mothers maiden name security questions

Hi RikEd, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're still having ongoing issues with accessing the email address and changing the password.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R