cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWORLD Email issue 22/11/2021

TwmSionCati
Tuning in

NTLWORLD Email is faulty today 22/11/2021. It's telling me to re login when trying to send a message. I've restarted my modem, but this hasn't fixed the issue. I'm also having difficulty in creating messages as the text is getting dropped and lost while I'm in the middle of writing a message. Anyone else getting the same issue?

21 REPLIES 21

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TwmSionCati thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're currently unable to access your email address.  Have you seen and followed the steps as per here?

Regards

Lee_R

hello Lee,

Many thanks for the reply. Originally I'd been using IE6 to access my NTLWORLD mail. However, some time ago I switched to MS EDGE. This has worked fine for some time until yesterday. I had two issues. I was notified that the session was invalid and to sign off and sign in again. I did this and although this issue appeared to disappear, the other issue remained. I could be in the middle of typing a mail when everything that I'd already typed disappeared and I was returned to the inbox. In the past, with various Internet issues, I found that trying another browser gave different results. So I returned to using IE6 and the issue has now gone away. However, if I return to using Edge, the problem persists. Any advice?

regards

John

Instead of using a web browser, install a proper email client like Thunderbird.   It's far more reliable.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Lost on me sorry. I'm an old IBM mainframe dinosaur and I don't get involved in the intricacies of PC machinations.

My NTLWORLD mail has worked fine until now on Edge and previously on IE6. The only issue I've had previously is the OX app suite logon issue which others also experienced. I also run a Virginmedia email address in parallel to my NTLWORLD email address using Chrome and this appears to be OK, although it can't contact reCaptcha (whatever that is) from time to time. I don't get this issue when using my NTLWORLD mail though.

I can't for the life of me understand why these products should stop working when no updates have been performed to my platform. Where possible I stop automatic updates for this very reason.

For some time I was getting many blue screen errors at the same time that I was getting issues with Malwarebytes falling over. As soon as the Malwarebytes issue was resolved, the blue screen errors disappeared. So I can see that one product can have an adverse affect on another.

I guess each user's platform is unique and so this doesn't help when trying to resolve issues.

I returned to using Edge some time ago and the issue seemed to have disappeared. Judging by the very varied list of complaints about Virgin Email, it isn't a very reliable and robust product.

I'm now experiencing another issue which has appeared intermittently previously, although this time it persists and I can't clear it. Before I can complete typing a message or reply, I'm returned to the inbox of my Email. It's really frustrating. It seems to return to the inbox after about 1 minute and wipes out anything I've typed. Any suggestions? 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced TwmSionCati,

Welcome back to the community.

Can I clarify, are you trying to access the mail from MyVM?

Also is this issue occurring on all browsers?

Let us know,

Kain

Hello Kain,

Many thanks for the reply and your interest. My NTLWORLD email has been working fine for some time using MsEDGE and it also worked fine using IE6. I access my mail from this screen

TwmSionCati_0-1655455253998.png

Which recently changed to display this extra screen

TwmSionCati_1-1655455254025.png

If I now use IE6 I get this screen. Note the difference.

TwmSionCati_2-1655455254048.png

However, clicking on this link takes me here

TwmSionCati_3-1655455254072.png

And selecting Emai, just takes me back to the previous screen. So the functionality using IE6 is clearly different from Edge.

Using Firefox gets me here

If I select sign in the mail login screen is displayed, but when my details are entered I get this screen

TwmSionCati_5-1655455254240.png

So with IE6 and Firefox, I can’t even get into my Email. As I said previously, Virgin’s Email product isn’t very reliable.

Hope this helps, regards John

Hi @TwmSionCati,

Thanks for coming back to us. Apologies, looks like someone of your screenshots could not be shared so I can not see where you were directed. 

Have you tried clearing cookies/cache?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs