cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL emails - forgotten password reset

MicheleS
Joining in

Hi both my husband and I have old NTL email addresses,  however my husband can no longer get into his and has forgotten his password.  Does anyone know how we can reset his forgotten password and access his emails. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

jem101
Superstar

By ‘old’ do you mean that you have had these addresses for some time, and secondly are you still an active VM broadband customer?

The reason I ask is that continued use of any of the VM branded email addresses (including the ntlworld ones) are dependent on you being a current customer. If you no longer are, or have moved or left Vm and later rejoined, then there is the distinct possibility that the email address has been, or in the process of being,deleted.

Hi, yes we are still a VM customer,  when I say old, up until earlier this week it was still working (we access via our phones), but now it comes up with an error message which requires us o go to settings and reenter the password (which we can't remember)

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case you should be able to change the password via your primary My Virgin Media account.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, sadly I have tried that and I can't see it listed, it doesn't show either of our NTL email addresses and just wants to create Virginmedia ones.  Thank you though

Hi @MicheleS

Did you register for these accounts at an old address or via an old account number? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi no this address and same account.  I have spoken to VM and they have no idea what has happened as it looks like the email account has dissappeared (as of last Tuesday when it was the last time he received an email).  They have escalated it as no idea what has happened

Keep us posted how this goes @MicheleS

We're here if you need us.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill