cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL email stopped working?

staffordstokie
Tuning in

Hi,

My old virgin account was canceled a few years ago due to having a debt relief order. At the time my daughter opened a new account in her name. We created a new viginmedia.com email but my old NTL world one still worked. With this in mind I kept my NTL world email address as my main one and my virginmedia one as a secondary. Two days ago my NTL world one stopped working and saying there is no password and to add one. it wont let me and there is one there. I cant log into my NTL world account as it doesnt exsist and I cant access anything to get the emails to work.

HELP!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@staffordstokie wrote:

Hi,

My old virgin account was canceled a few years ago due to having a debt relief order. At the time my daughter opened a new account in her name. We created a new viginmedia.com email but my old NTL world one still worked. With this in mind I kept my NTL world email address as my main one and my virginmedia one as a secondary. Two days ago my NTL world one stopped working and saying there is no password and to add one. it wont let me and there is one there. I cant log into my NTL world account as it doesnt exsist and I cant access anything to get the emails to work.

HELP!!!!!!

Almost certainly, the ntlworld email address has been deleted now along with all of the messages within it. In theory once you leave VM or cancel the contract then some 90 days afterwards the mailbox and the email address should be deleted. Now the issue is that VM can be somewhat tardy in doing this and the old mailbox lingers on in a sort of zombie state. You, as the customer, see it still working and just assume that it always will do so - well until it gets caught up in a periodic cleanup and disabled with no further warning.

There is a (slim) chance that the forum team - when they get to this thread - will be able to check the status of the mailbox and if possible, arrange to grant you temporary access (emphasis being on the word ‘temporary’) to it to allow you to download any emails etc.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

@staffordstokie wrote:

Hi,

HELP!!!!!!

Almost certainly, the ntlworld email address has been deleted now along with all of the messages within it. In theory once you leave VM or cancel the contract then some 90 days afterwards the mailbox and the email address should be deleted. Now the issue is that VM can be somewhat tardy in doing this and the old mailbox lingers on in a sort of zombie state. You, as the customer, see it still working and just assume that it always will do so - well until it gets caught up in a periodic cleanup and disabled with no further warning.

There is a (slim) chance that the forum team - when they get to this thread - will be able to check the status of the mailbox and if possible, arrange to grant you temporary access (emphasis being on the word ‘temporary’) to it to allow you to download any emails etc.

Thanks for the reply. 🤞someone can help when they find this thread.

staffordstokie
Tuning in

Could you help at all. @ModTeam?

Hi @staffordstokie,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you can no longer access your NTLworld emails! 

As advised by @jem101, it is correct that we aim to close all email addresses that are not linked to active customer accounts.

I'll be happy to look into this further for you and see what we can do to help, however, we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to grant you access to the account.  I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs