cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL bouncing emails back to sender

jellielli
On our wavelength

I am administrator fir a local u3a. We send out bulk emails to our members. 
Two members have email accounts with ntlworld.com. The emails which I send to them bounce back with the following message:

This is an email abuse report for an email message with the message-id of 010b017ba2b1b903-f93bb76f-e3e1-4774-8bef-c63c1a66cfbb-000000 received from IP address 46.32.240.39 on Wed, 01 Sep 21 18:49:21 UTC.
This is the list of the complaint emails:

I have removed their email address for protection. I have asked both members to add my admin email address to their Contacts so the emails shouldn’t bounce back. 
Any ideas please?
24 REPLIES 24

Thank you @ABealing

Thank you for the information - I will raise this with the team now. There is a know issue that has been raised regarding NTL world not accepting Plus Net emails that was raised. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

ABealing
On our wavelength

Thanks. That's interesting.  We have had issues with messages sent by hotmail users being rejected too. Just caught one in my wife's Gmail account which had not been received into the Virgin mail box.  We checked spam folder very carefully.  If this continues clearly I will have to look at alternatives.

Andrew Bealing

Hi @ABealing

Apologies, IT have asked for further information. Please join me on private message so we can get the required information in full to help IT with their investigations. You can see your private messaged at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

ABealing
On our wavelength

I understand that this is under investigation but I have not received any substantial update on the likelihood of a fix.  As this continues to cause problems with random rejected messages (I could understand if it was more consistent), some indication of the timescale to resolve the issue would be appreciated.

Hi @ABealing

I understand Carley has raised this for you with our support team and is currently waiting on an update. As soon as there is any news, she will follow up with you. You may also drop Carley a PM as she is working with you on this issue for any updates. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs