cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL World email issue - can receive, but not able to send

AcatGBR4
Joining in

I had an issue that was resolved whereby I could not get any emails at all.  This was resolved, however, not I cannot send any emails on my ntlworld.com accounts.  All other accounts are OK.

Any ideas please?

Gordon

22 REPLIES 22

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AcatGBR4

Sorry to hear of the email issues experienced sending emails, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Are you unable to send via that account on any devices? What happens when you try to send an email? Is it to all addresses?

We have help here for webmail and here for email settings if you can check they are all correct.

Rob

Hi.  Any news yet?  Been unable to send for several days again.

Gordon Upton

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Did you check the help offered above? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AcatGBR4 wrote:.

Any ideas please?

I certainly have some ideas but it would help if you could clarify a few things that would troubleshoot exactly what is stopping you sending from these Ntlworld email accounts:

1) When you say "All other accounts are OK." are these other email account also from Virgin Media domains (such as Virginmedia.com or Blueyonder.co..uk) or are they non VM addresses such as Gmail.com, Outlook.com?

2) When you say "can receive, but not able to send"  is that when you are using an email client or app (such as Microsoft Mail or the Apple Mail app) to manage your Ntlworld emails or are you managing your emails using Virgin Mediia's Webmail service on the VM website?

3) If you are seeing this problem when using an email app / client, I would try signing into your VM webmail account for these Ntlworld addresses and seeing if you can send emails successfully from there. If you open the link @Robert_P has already given in their post "We have help here for webmail" it gives you the link to "Sign in to your mail account. You can use that link to access each of your Ntlworld accounts an try sending a test email.

For what it's worth, my initial idea is that if:

• you are able to successfully send emails from other email providers (see point 1)
  • you cannot send Ntlworld emails using an email app or client (see point 2)
  • but you can send Ntlworld emails when using VM's own webmail service (see point 3)

that all suggests a situation that many people have reported over the years where VM are blocking VM emails coming from your home network IP address because it is on a blocklist (formerly known as blacklists). That is probably because there is evidence that a device on your home network has been infected with  malware.

It would be great if you could post back to confirm that my three bulleted statements are all correct and reflect the situation you are seeing. Armed with that information, forum members can then offer you some constructive advice on how to move forward with this.

On the other hand if those three statements don't reflect what you are seeing then my initial idea is likely to be unfounded.  However at least that new information will be helpful to determine the real reason you cannot send VM emails.

I hope that all makes (at least some!)   sense.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Gordon, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us via the Community. 

I can see that Rob asked a few questions and since then our VIP Coenoby has offered some further help. So we can support you further can you let us know if you've tried the above suggestions and also come back with the answers to any questions asked in the above posts?

Once we have more information from you, we will then be able to help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi.

Sorry, I just get this - Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 19.39.13.png

Then just get sent in a loop.  I'm not tech savvy, so much of what is said goes over my head I'm afraid.

I can send and receive on anything other than accounts that send using ntlworld - Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 19.44.13.png

It just says offline on all these.

Thanks

Gordon

Hi.

Thanks.

OK,

1.  I can send from accounts that do not send from ntlworld servers.  It says Offline on those.

2. I use Mail

3 unable to sign into a VM system as I just get Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 19.39.13.png

Ideas?

Thanks!

Gordon.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing to do is change the password for the Ntlworld email address concerned.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you say that other accounts work, do you mean other Virginmedia accounts or do you mean other providers like Gmail or Outlook?

Can you log into your MyVirginmedia broadband account? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.