cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL World.com email

daisema1l
Joining in

Some years back I was using a ntl world email. One day out of the blue I was asked for a password, I had never before been asked for a password, I tried many avenues to solve this but met with a complete blank.

I came across your community through the web so I am hoping someone can help.

I tried Virgin help desk this morning but another blank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

The first, and most important, question here is

’are you a current VM broadband customer?’ If you are, then have you always been since the email address was first setup, any changes of address, breaks in service?

What happened when you called customer services/ help desk, what did they advise?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

jem101
Superstar

The first, and most important, question here is

’are you a current VM broadband customer?’ If you are, then have you always been since the email address was first setup, any changes of address, breaks in service?

What happened when you called customer services/ help desk, what did they advise?

Thank you for the reply

Yes I have been with VM for many years at least 20, Broadband, TV, Mobile the lot, no change of address no break in service.

The lady on the help desk said the ntl email has been lost forever with no prospect of recovery.

Well that was particularly helpful of them wasn't it? You can see why it's called a 'helpdesk' can't you?

Now have you tried resetting the password? Sometimes, for reasons best known to themselves, VM lock out a mailbox and the only way to gain access is to change the password on it to something else.

If you haven't tried this then in a web browser goto;

https://mail2.virginmedia.com

Enter your normal email address and click 'Continue', in the next box (which asks for your password, which you don't know), click on the link for 'Forgotten Password', this will take you to a page which asks for the email address again (not sure why, bad website coding maybe) and your date of birth, and (here's the kicker), the answers to some security questions which you should have set up when first signing up, name of your first pet, first school you attended etc. Basically all the stuff which a slightly determined hacker could find out about most people from social media - but I digress.

If you can get through that then it will offer you to enter in a new password, and that will be the password going forward.

Unless the website is broken; which it sometimes is - but well worth a go anyway!

John

Many thanks I will let you know how I get on

This looks as it is asking for Virgin Media details which is not my issue, it is my email ********@ntlworld.com I think I must accept it is no more, it is an ex email address, it has disappeared for ever. RIP.

Thanks anyway I will continue with gmail.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daisema1l wrote:

This looks as it is asking for Virgin Media details which is not my issue, it is my email ********@ntlworld.com I think I must accept it is no more, it is an ex email address, it has disappeared for ever. RIP.

Thanks anyway I will continue with gmail.

@daisema1l  The reference to Virgin Media can be confusing.  The forgotten password route is the same for Ntlworld email addresses and blueyonder email addresses. Just enter the Ntlworld email address in the username field and follow the prompts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@daisema1| 

Indeed as @Graham_A says, the wording is confusing (anyone might think that VM are doing it deliberately just to write the legacy ntlworld and blueyonder email addresses out of history), but yes, enter your ntlworld address into the box and follow the prompts.

Now maybe it won't work and indeed yes, your legacy email address has been deleted, BUT, the question then is why? We have been told that although VM are no longer giving out email addresses to new users, existing ones will be retained and as you have said you are an existing customer with no changes since it was set up - so there is no reason at all for it to have been deleted.

Of course, if it has been then VM need to come up with some explanations - quite quickly really!

As I suspected having followed the instructions above I was taken through the process of setting up a new Virgin Media password. When I put in my ******@ntlworld.com I has a message to the effect that it wasn't recognised.

Thanks for your help guys but my ntlworld email is floating somewhere amongst the galaxies never to be seen again.

C'est la vie

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @daisema1l,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your email account, I would be happy to look into this further to find out what has happened to your mailbox but I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L